over kill car ?

shadowm891
10+ year member

i was looking to buy a single 10 inch jl audio w7 in a sealed box for my nissan 350z and someone told me not to buy the w7 since it would over kill the 350z. so i figure i ask them what do they mean by over kill our car and i never got a answer back so i was hoping someone on here might be able to help explain to me what they meant by over kill our car.

either too much bass or too much strain on your electrical system. It sounds like mindless slang to be honest. 350zs have decent sized alternators so a W7 on a 1000 watt amp wont cause too much strain.

Careful though, sh*ts addicting, you'll end up upgrading a whole grocery list of stuff once you start.

i was looking to buy a single 10 inch jl audio w7 in a sealed box for my nissan 350z and someone told me not to buy the w7 since it would over kill the 350z. so i figure i ask them what do they mean by over kill our car and i never got a answer back so i was hoping someone on here might be able to help explain to me what they meant by over kill our car.
A JL w7 is far from overkill for any car.

If you are looking to keep your music sounding good and in tune then the w7 is fine. If your friend meant it was overkill as in too much bass then that person is wrong.

Any reason you chose the w7? Perhaps price or idea of what you need?

A JL w7 is far from overkill for any car.If you are looking to keep your music sounding good and in tune then the w7 is fine. If your friend meant it was overkill as in too much bass then that person is wrong.

Any reason you chose the w7? Perhaps price or idea of what you need?
Well the reason i pick the jl audio w7 is because i hear great thing's about the sub like there sq and spl and out of all system's i ever had i never had anything really loud like 145dps or more which has always been something i always wanted to have. the loudest system i have ever own was 2 12 inch kicker L5s in a vented box being power off a cadance z7000 hd amp at 1 ohm which was in a 2000 kia sportage. even though the system was loud it just wasn't what i was really wanting. so i figure since i have a nissan 350z which is a hatchback meaning i have a better chance at getting where i want without spending tons of money but still get great sound i go with a single 10 inch w7 and replace the sundown audio sa-10 i have now.

well i could go vented if needed. i just figure the w7 might pull it off in a sealed box. even if it could not pull off higher numbers in a vented box what other options you have.

well i could go vented if needed. i just figure the w7 might pull it off in a sealed box. even if it could not pull off higher numbers in a vented box what other options you have.
The main reason I would go sealed is for space reasons. If you have enough space, go ported. A properly built ported box will out-perform sealed, depending on what you want it to do.

The main reason I would go sealed is for space reasons. If you have enough space, go ported. A properly built ported box will out-perform sealed, depending on what you want it to do.
here the space i have to work with which should give me about 7 inches of space left from the box to the back of the car 35 w x 15.5 d x 10 h . what do you think ??

[quote name='shadowm891']here the space i have to work with which should give me about 7 inches of space left from the box to the back of the car 35 w x 15.5 d x 10 h . what do you think ??[/QUOTE]

thats 2.22 before sub and port which is good for a ported 10
@CSCStang can make you a custom box if you want one, which i guarantee you wont be disappointed if you go this route.

[quote name='C1500martin']thats 2.22 before sub and port which is good for a ported 10
@CSCStang can make you a custom box if you want one, which i guarantee you wont be disappointed if you go this route.[/QUOTE]

ill give him a shout then and see if it would be better to have him build one for me or if i just build it my self thanks :)

I'll hook you up with a custom ported man. Pm me if you're interested.

Also, there is no such thing as overkill in the car audio world //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.