outboard time alignment

I should just get some card board and cover my left speaker...lol ghetto time alignment...now I just need the ratio of cardbord size to time delay....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

I was kidding on the CarPC thing, although if you are interested you can build one for less than the price of a good processor, with 3833893x the functionality.

I was kidding on the CarPC thing, although if you are interested you can build one for less than the price of a good processor, with 3833893x the functionality.
so how much? I'm good with computers. I have no doubt I could do it it's just the cost.

Alto Mobile Drive 30

Decibel Garden has the Alto for $540. That's where I got mine (but I got it on sale for $450).

Well I went and looked at the alto on the decibel garden web page...if it went on sale I could afford it in a few months...but I was looking at the block diagram and the signal to noise ratio and thinking about if it was worth running the signal through all that and wondering if I would be sacrificing sound quality for the sake of imaging. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I did more reading and people are saying the drive 30 is noisy because of the low s/n ratio....anyone?

CarPCs can be as cheap or expensive as you want them to be.

I'd say anywhere between $500-1000 on average depending on features.

Buying things used or off eBay will save you tons. I love the mp3car.com store, they have everything you need all organized, but it's not the cheapest.

CarPCs can be as cheap or expensive as you want them to be.
I'd say anywhere between $500-1000 on average depending on features.

Buying things used or off eBay will save you tons. I love the mp3car.com store, they have everything you need all organized, but it's not the cheapest.
yeah I stumbled on that site during various goggle searches for different processors. listed quite a few...I'm thinking now that i'm going to go with a 360.2 as it looks to be the best for my price range...

maybe I should just get a deck with time alignment...but then again my deck is perfectly fine...does anyone know if all alpine radio harnesses are the same...I.e if I got a different alpine would it fit the harness I have now?

Well I dl'ed the manual for the 360.2 from crutchfield and it says I need a palm os to set it up...I think I will buy one and then return it to set up. anyone have one of these? do I lose the settings on the 360.2 if I disconnect the battery...i.e will I need the palm os more than after the inital set up? sucky, maybe I should just get a new h/u...anyone?

Well I dl'ed the manual for the 360.2 from crutchfield and it says I need a palm os to set it up...I think I will buy one and then return it to set up. anyone have one of these? do I lose the settings on the 360.2 if I disconnect the battery...i.e will I need the palm os more than after the inital set up? sucky, maybe I should just get a new h/u...anyone?

I believe you can also use a regular (Windows) PC to set up the 360.2.

The Palm is good for repeated adjustments.

If you're thinking of using a Palm have you looked on ebay for a used one? Might be fairly cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.