Orion xtr2200.1d 25min amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

els1989

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
So today I got subs in box 2x8's wired to 1ohm.... Haven't installed my mechman 370 yet cause I'm waiting on lugs.... But had to hear them play...

Started smelling a lil some some while while playing at mid volume shut er down pretty much right away amp hot as phuck and got some smoke outta her... Took amp off the box and found a lot of moisture near my speaker output side

d3a662cb31d50b1325d1e61ac2ef82d1.jpg

b16f322b04ac2a8e28330cb3e304d12b.jpg

694a4153e90c76c4bca7869a55dbcfe8.jpg

All three of these wire wrappings where hot... The one with the black top is still hot...

Why is there so much moisture in here????

Fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's weird. My buddy had water in his amps before

But his car had the roof chopped off so keeping moisture out was hard. What kind of

Car are they in ? And recent heavy storms or anything

2004 Sierra extended cab just installed today... Amp had been in garage... I'm in Minnesota it gets humid around here set my gains with dd1 and no bass knob or boots added

2004 Sierra extended cab just installed today... Amp had been in garage... I'm in Minnesota it gets humid around here set my gains with dd1 and no bass knob or boots added

amp in garage is a no no, still shouldnt have failed though.

Do those little brown caps or whatever they are fluid filled???

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

I'm honestly not seeing any damage to the board

Do those little brown caps or whatever they are fluid filled???

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

I'm honestly not seeing any damage to the board

temp fluctuations from day to day cause moisture, unless your garage is temp controlled.

Yea there's temp fluctuation in a vehicle from day to day as well exposed to the same heat and humidity

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Is it not safe to mount a amp upside down

Yea there's temp fluctuation in a vehicle from day to day as well exposed to the same heat and humidity

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Is it not safe to mount a amp upside down

true, im contemplating returning mine, this is the second failure ive read about...

This is the second failure I've had with this amp.... I'm sure in some way it's my fault... But I know for sure it wasn't clipped... If I had poor connection for my ground would it cause this area to get hot....

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

First time was clipping pretty confident on that

Just because it smoked tho idk man I'm tempted to check and clean my ground and put it back in... Cover off fire extinguisher in hand lol... Make sure she's done done... Before contacting Orion AGAIN... Also was listening to my x8's cause it sounded like I was getting some air leaking around the subs and was hearing a slap sound coming from them

'

Just because it smoked tho idk man I'm tempted to check and clean my ground and put it back in... Cover off fire extinguisher in hand lol... Make sure she's done done... Before contacting Orion AGAIN... Also was listening to my x8's cause it sounded like I was getting some air leaking around the subs and was hearing a slap sound coming from them

probably voltage drop.

I've got a 370a sitting here just waiting for lugs and I toasted my amp in a half hour from vd... It was in the mid 13's when it smoked

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.