Orion Cobalt CO2500.1D

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
On paper I thought we might have a challenger to the P1000D or TN1.1200D for the budget 1000W crown.... But we don't....

@ 1ohm this does just under 1,000W Certified, about 1030W Uncertified and 1130+ Dynamic...

Doesn't meet rated at any ohm load...

For $120 it's not bad... and I personally would rather have it over a Boss Armor 4000D.. It's just not a 1250W Amplifier...

what that suckssss.. i thought it would just be off 100rms or so.. so basically the 2500.2 would probably do about same power at 2 ohm as my p1k oh well..

God dammit Orion!
Where’s Hifonics in your line up? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Cobalt is their low level budget line. I wouldn't expect much outta them now like they used to be long time ago.

So where does the 2500 come from?
MAX power...

Circuit board is very meh... These are likely made in China. Doesn't have any country of origin info on it... The XTR's are not much more money AND WAY Better amps....

Cobalt is their low level budget line. I wouldn't expect much outta them now like they used to be long time ago.
True, but I was hopeful it could meet its ratings.. As they are listed as CEA rated... but they do not.

God dammit Orion!
Where’s Hifonics in your line up? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
That's here tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

True, but I was hopeful it could meet its ratings.. As they are listed as CEA rated... but they do not.
MAX power...
Circuit board is very meh... These are likely made in China. Doesn't have any country of origin info on it... The XTR's are not much more money AND WAY Better amps....
Wonder why a company isn't held accountable for lying on their products. No rules/regulation....just to sell mass marketing to uneducated buyers and when they see the max 2500 they think it's a great deal/buy w/o ever knowing the true facts. Max is BS...it's aka peak power which shouldn't be on the front of the box.

Wonder why a company isn't held accountable for lying on their products. No rules/regulation....just to sell mass marketing to uneducated buyers and when they see the max 2500 they think it's a great deal/buy w/o ever knowing the true facts. Max is BS...it's aka peak power which shouldn't be on the front of the box.
Agreed, I hated the XTR1500 had a "Max rating on it", and very happy when the XTR Dz's came out and they dropped the Max rating on the amp.

MAX power...
Does anyone make amps in the US or is it just China, Korea and Brazil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmats does for some of their stuff. I think Zed does as well... But I can't think of any others who haven't off shored their production.

It's a mixture. A lot of old school amps were made here in the US. Hence why they were so popular and sought after and did either rated or more. They started shipping the labor overseas to save time/costs, but the quality isn't the same as here in the US.

CEA 2006 only applies to 4 ohm loads with no more than 1% thd.

The Audiopipe APMI1300 is rated for 1k and retails for $107 on Amazon. The older APSM1300 did pretty close to rated. It was "the" budget amp 5-6yrs ago. Everyone used them in the $150 SPL Challenge, I saw a guy at a MECA show do 141db with an SA15 in a mid 90s Volvo sedan.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.