Orion 2150XTR Issues.

Participant count
  • Participant list

NewAgeKing
5,000+ posts

OG, still fly.
Michigan
I was driving a long drive home yesterday, about 4 hours total. After about two hours of normal playing my amp cut out on me. I went in the back to check it out and found my fuses blown. I stopped at a store and got some replacements. Well i unplugged the power plug from the amp, replaced both fuses, and plugged it back it. When i was plugging it in it fryed both fuses. I figured i needed to disconnect it from under the hood. Today after work i disconnected the power wire from under the hood, replaced the fuses, and tryed it. It worked so i started to drive home. When i got a certain distance away i turned the cd-player all the way down. After about a minute i started to hear this cracking sound coming from the woofer. I turned the cd-player off and when i go in the parking lot i turned it back on and went to check the sub. Still cracking. Im wondering if i blew my amp or not. The fuses were fine, nothing stunk. Its raining so a little bit of rain got on the cone of the woofer and a tiny bit on the amp. Not sure really whats happening, let me know if anyone can suggest something. Thanks.

I was driving a long drive home yesterday, about 4 hours total. After about two hours of normal playing my amp cut out on me. I went in the back to check it out and found my fuses blown. I stopped at a store and got some replacements. Well i unplugged the power plug from the amp, replaced both fuses, and plugged it back it. When i was plugging it in it fryed both fuses. I figured i needed to disconnect it from under the hood. Today after work i disconnected the power wire from under the hood, replaced the fuses, and tryed it. It worked so i started to drive home. When i got a certain distance away i turned the cd-player all the way down. After about a minute i started to hear this cracking sound coming from the woofer. I turned the cd-player off and when i go in the parking lot i turned it back on and went to check the sub. Still cracking. Im wondering if i blew my amp or not. The fuses were fine, nothing stunk. Its raining so a little bit of rain got on the cone of the woofer and a tiny bit on the amp. Not sure really whats happening, let me know if anyone can suggest something. Thanks.
Get a new god **** car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Get a new god **** car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Dont be jealous now, i know it intimidates you haha.

I think it was water after all. I wasnt going to mess with it but it was just a sprinkle out. As soon as i started to mess with it, it started to rain harder. But after a couple hours of sitting i just went for a 20+ minute drive and everything works good. I played with the gains and everything and no noise.. no fuses blowing. Ill see what happens in the long run.

the power wire under the hood could be grounding out somewhere......

if it was blowing fuses, then you messed with the power wire under the hood , you could have stopped it from grounding out?????? just a guess???

doesnt make sense if the amp fuses were popping , then they just quit and the amp start working again???

Power wire under the hood has no effect on the amp fuses.
Must be considering it was blowing them when i tryed to put them in yesterday. But it could have been my shaky hands. Then today when i disconnected it under the hood, put the fuses in, and connected it they didnt blow? I checked everything down to grounds and power. Everything was tight and looked ok. The plugs on the orion were nice and tight. Now it works fine. I just went and got some food a little bit ago and its still pounding like a champ.

a grounding out hot wire could pop the amp fuses before the fuse under the hood , if the inline fuse is rated for more amps than the amp itself......

could have been the water to ???? who knows at least it is still working.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The one i have under the hood is rated for more. I have another fuse before the amp wich is rated for 60, then the two 30's on the amp. I really dont know on this one. Like i said i had it running for 2+ hours before it shut off. I put in the jeezy cd and went to number two, welcome back. I had heard just a faint second of the bass then it quit. But yes it works now, just like it did before.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The one i have under the hood is rated for more. I have another fuse before the amp wich is rated for 60, then the two 30's on the amp. I really dont know on this one. Like i said i had it running for 2+ hours before it shut off. I put in the jeezy cd and went to number two, welcome back. I had heard just a faint second of the bass then it quit. But yes it works now, just like it did before.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Is you trunk leaking, or is it cause you had the trunk open?

i have no idea....lol....at least i tried to help....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.