optidrive or audioque?

mrgeorgiaboy
10+ year member

GA, SC
I'm interested in purchasing a pair of lanzar optidrive 1232d's or audioque hdc312's.

I sure I can get loud, but I want SQ also. Powered by a lanzar opti2000d or crunch 3000 pro.

I also heard that the audioque's don't like low tuning is this true? (like low 30s)

2.25 cu ft per sub ported

Those Opti pound and sound great, I have owned both and I would really consider the optis. They are also less expensive.

interesting - I would have thought the general opinion would be AQ, no contest...

I just installed a single 1232d on an older Zed Opti1000.1D - enclosure's about 3.0 gross, slotted @ 28.

I like it loud, but not if it doesn't sound good...

This is definitely both.

Last years IASCA's sq winner used AQ's hdc's with copper coils.

Beat me to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Haven't had experience with the opti's but I know that the HDC's are a good sounding sub. Lew builds his boxes to 34-38hz tuning for his 12in HDC's. They don't call him SQLEW for nothing! LOL

Optidrive is just high end junk. I know a guy that is sponsored by Lanzar and has had to wait a year to get an amp back. I'd go w/ Audioque for DJ's good quality/customer service ratio.

I have never had a problem with Lanzar's customer service. Actually I have always been impressed with it. For the sq winner running AQ, well the AQ still sound terrible sq wise. Just being honest, if I wanted a loud nice sounding setup I would hands down run the Optis.

After further thought...

The funny thing about subs and SQ is just about ANY sub in a good enclosure will have servicable SQ. After all - the subwoofer bandwidth is not even close to 1% of the 20-18khz frequency range.

The Opti's sound good ported low. Being optimized for small sealed they probably sound even better sealed.

I'm sure the AQ's sound good in a good enclosure, but for 50% more money they should sound noticably BETTER and get noticably LOUDER than the "high end junk" Lanzar, and I would be surprised if they do either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mrgeorgiaboy

10+ year member
mrgeorgiaboy
GA, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from