Opinion's on the Autotek MM4000.1 ?

They like to draw current! With the right setup, I know they can handle 1ohm at least... I ran a 300A alt. and a pair of BatCap 2k's with mine and it was fine for a while. I only ran it at 1ohm for a short time so I am not sure how long it would hold up but... I ran it at 2ohm on an HD315 daily for months without any issues.

Meh, comparable to other Maxxsonics amps (Hifonics, Crunch, etc). My buddy ran the 2000w version and it seemed decent but he ended up blowing it up (most likely his fault not the amps)

i run 2 of the MM4000.1D and they work perfect, i run them both at 1ohm they are always stable and dont get to hot.. sound quality is great, they do like power though, i have a 250amp alt and a HC800 in rear, it seems to be working great, i have NOTHING to complain about them...

i run 2 of the MM4000.1D and they work perfect, i run them both at 1ohm they are always stable and dont get to hot.. sound quality is great, they do like power though, i have a 250amp alt and a HC800 in rear, it seems to be working great, i have NOTHING to complain about them...
the setup in your sig is not something i would consider safe for powering a 4k amp, but the fact that it has ran good with only 2 smaller batts only speaks well for the ampz

Your running those 2 amps on that alt and 1 batt in back?

Nvm...you have the new ones right?

if you are talking about the older silver ones with the blue led's, they are beasts. i had a 1000 and it was a great amp. yes they are 1 ohm stable

wow i have a nearly identical power system as yours.

250amps power max alt. hc800 in rear, 3/0 big three and 2 runs of 1/0 to rear batt.

but i would say its not really safe nor possible to power 2 "real 4000 watt" amps on a 250 amp electrical system. considering @ 8000 watts rms your pulling 400-450 amps of current. double your alternators output. leads me to believe the 4000 watt output is overrated.

pretty sure he has the new 4000s. no way would 2 of the old mm4000 hold up at 1ohm with that little power supply..anyways mines daily on 2 mtx 9500s 2ohm mono....very destructive.....

I have one of the new MM4000.1d's and it sounds good with my rl-p's but doesn't seem to have enough @ss for my XXX. My 9.1 moves my XXX much better and is rated 800 watts lower rms. I would like to know what the amp actually does put out though.

not about the amps but the smallish electical powering the 2 4000.1s. i had an f150 with stock 110 amp alt.and three autozone normal batts and ran 2 kicker 1200.s and an 800.2 for 3 yrs.he's running alot more power but has more than dbl my alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.