Opinion on New Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dislike

I have a few options that i have been considering. Since on a tight budget that has made it a little more difficult

I am currently Powering (2) 10" DVC 4Ohm Subs at 1ohm, Using a Hifonics Brutus 1200.1

I have a 06 Scion tC, And first idea was to get 2 Pioneer TSW 3002D4 at 1ohm.

Then i decided i wanted to consider a Single 15" 2ohm DVC, to keep it at 1ohm.

So my first though was a Sundown e15, as i have heard people putting almost 3k rms to them and i know they are great subs.

I plan to put it the 15 in a 3.2 cu 32hz enclosure

All in all i want to keep it around the $200 with defintly no more over $300 sub/enclosure.

So any ideas?

While the E15 would be a good choice. I don't see them handeling 3k. For you amp I would check out the Sundown SA 15, and have a custom box built.

Thanks. Question i have. is i am no means trying to compete of course. I am just looking for a solid system that i can listen to rap/rock etc. and i want to keep it resonable as well though. I was using the BOSS 10" Phantoms (dont laugh i wanted something cheap) and i blew them after a month or so.(go figure)

So 15" might be overkill but the 10's were just not enough.. what do you guys think about other options?

IE would me going to say An SA-12 be a noticeable upgrade or about same (i know boxes matter as well) just thinking i really dont want to get DVC 2 ohm to get the 1 ohm load and then have to get a 2nd 12. and have to run it at 2ohm. since the hifonics is not .5 ohm stable.

IE would me going to say An SA-12 be a noticeable upgrade or about same (i know boxes matter as well) just thinking i really dont want to get DVC 2 ohm to get the 1 ohm load and then have to get a 2nd 12. and have to run it at 2ohm. since the hifonics is not .5 ohm stable.
The sa12 will be a big difference over your boss subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.