Open!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
i tried that with the ground. i ever so carefully took a screwdriver, hit the faceplate release button and took the face off, dabbed a q tip in alcohol and cleaned the contact on the faceplate. this did nothing for a while and when i got off to work and attached the faceplate to try it again it ejected but didn't show the animation that it does while its ejecting so i resetted it again. now the only thing it does is open,close and eject. i till even beep and fold down when you turn the ignition off since its in auto-flap mode. i just e-mailed ikesound about returning the unit. i hope i don't have to since its going to cost me 29 bucks, i'll be without my cdplayer for a month at least and i'll have to go back to that extreme sound cd player

well i fixed it but then i caused another problem. when i "manually" remover the faceplate i chipped one of the clips that hold the faceplate to that holding tray. the faceplate moves up and down about a cm or two and i have to hold it up to keep the unit from cutting off. i'm going to see if i can order the clip from pioneer parts since it pretty much just screws in the holding tray but i'm going to try to velcro the faceplate in place for now

care to elaborte on that ?j/k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
;)Pioneer is better at explaining it than I am........

Nismboy^&*^, at least Ikesound is workin' with ya.....

i would still say pioneer's have good build quality. you got to remember i did stick a screwdriver in a place it shouldn't be. a good cleaning of the contacts fixed the whole eject problem and me not bieng careful enough caused the whole faceplate problem. i'm not going to send it to ikesound since my problem now is something i can fix myself since its only a matter of removing a screw the old "guide" off and replacing it. problem is that the "guide" only costs. 1.40 but its going to cost me ten to ship it but the real one is that they are out of stock and would take 4-6 weeks for it to arrive. i'm going to take it to a local shop to see if they can help me get a guide. and to compare it to another unit to make sure that problem is the guide and not the clip on the faceplate (the guide appears to have a piece chipped off but its sto small i can't rule out the fact that its possible for it to supposed to be like that) the velcro thing didn't work because it was too thick. i doubt even if double sided tape would work since just one side of velcro was to thick for the faceplate to connect.

Not sure about pioneer's build quality. I had a friend with a nice head that was one of the first with the organic display. it overheated and ate one of my CDs after 2 weeks of use. started smoking and then shut off.

thats gotta ****. t think pioneer has solved that though. mine has a small fan on the back of it. i contemplating sending it back to ikesound since i just got the e-mail from him and he would send me a new one asap if one is in stock. the only thing is that i put a a slight scratch or two from the screwdriver on in it under the faceplate and they might notice the loose faceplate so then the'll say i'd "abused" it and then they'll send it back and ill be out 29 bucks. so its like wait to get it fixed for 10 or fork over 3x that and either get a brand new one but risk loosing 30 still have to pay 10 dollars so i would then pay over 40 to get it fixed (i forgot to add the price to ship it to them) and have to wait the same amount of time if not longer.

i'm going to try to send it back to ikesound since i looked up the part on the pioneer parts ordering page and its out of stock and the eta is january 19 2005. i believe the tolerance on the faceplate is so small that if you leave it off and it collect dust you will have to clean it to get the unit to work. simple folding duct tape around itself made it too thick for the unit to work.

I got it back earlier last week. i'm not sure if they fixed mine or just sent me a new actual unit and faceplate since the wiring, remote is the same one i sent them. som scratches that were on the tray for the faceplate aren't there anymore but they could have just put a all new tray on it. i'll just check the serial numbers once i solve my new problem. either i didn't send them the rca harness in the first place or they forgot to send it back to me. i think its the later since i checked everywhere for it and i could have sworn i either unplugged it and put in the box with the main wiring harness or i said **** it and left it plugged in the unit when i shipped it to them.. ikesound hasn't e-mailed me back yet on the subject of it so it looks like i'll have to buy one out of my own pocket. the thing is 28 dollars not including shipping which is more money than i want to pay for a mistake that was someone elses fault.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.