onlinecarstereo.com Anyone bought from there site before???

xguntherc
10+ year member

I Click Home Too Much
Las Vegas
Hello everyone, long time no see. Basically I am getting ready to get a nice new stereo deck. A double din. So out of all my searching, onlinecarstereo.com has the best overall price, and I can buy a extended warranty for 3-5 years... Has ANYONE bought from them, and how was there service, they have a 3.33 of 10 on resellerratings.com. yet crutchfield, and buy.com both list them as recommended merchant to buy from. I don't want to spend $700 dollars and get screwed. Yet there rating doesn't look to good.

Any info would be great and I would really appreciate it guys.

Thanks

I am surprised their rating is that low. I have done over 1000 dollar's worth of online purchasing off their site with no problems what so ever.

Just as always buying offline, I would call first to make sure it is in stock.....even if it says it is, like how sonicelectronics is, I would still call.

Good luck!

Call them to check stock status. Their website does not show if an item is in stock. I ordered something and waited 3 weeks for them to ship. emailed them and they were not expecting another shipment for at least 2 months. Tried to call them 20+ times over 3-4 days because their website says they will not cancel an order by email. I either got a busy signal or no answer. Finally sent them an email and they did cancel the order.

Awesome guys, thanks for the reply's. That makes me feel a little better. Also has anyone bought a warranty from there site? They have great prices. I can get a 3 year warranty on top of the deck's 2 year warranty for $39.99.

Cool thanks again guys. I will check stock first and then buy my new pioneer avic f90bt double din

So you want to buy a warranty from them to further protect you on a item that chances are has no warranty in the first place except from them. There is a great thread going here on the site right now about a guy who bought a amp from somewhere and Memphis will not service it for him, even though he wants to pay for the service work to be done. If you buy from a unauthorized dealer, part of the savings that you will receive is a total lack of service from the manufacturer. If you are fine with that and think that the extended warranty "cash grab" is worth the risk, so be it. What would it cost to make a deal with a authorized dealer of the item you are after and receive the service that comes along with it?

I've bought from them on several occasions. As with all online purchases, I assume the higher risk for the savings. If something blows up I expect it won't get fixed or replaced. I've had good luck so far, and feel I'm money ahead. I would not buy the warranty, to each his own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.