One or Two Chambers

Participant count
  • Participant list
20" of 4" ports???what do you mean??? what ports should i use with a box of that size?? and which direction should they face??

thats what i thought but i was thinking of having them on the same side as my subs and it is only 16" in depth so how would i have it 20" length port....i would have to put it on the side which isnt gonna work because its 32" wide and its my whole trunks width so if they were on the side the air passage would be blocked so what ports should i put on this box to make it hit HARD that would be facing in the same direction as the subs???

Originally posted by Jmac How would PVC pipe cause noises ?

Anyways, you can use ports with flared ends to reduce noise and just connect them to the 90* PVC elbow ... It doesn't create turbulence, I witnessed the difference in a straight port versus a curved port first hand this week and there was no difference in port noise. The only difference was that the box with the curved port played a lot lower (It was tuned to 30 Hz as opposed to the 45 Hz straight port) ...

Yea ok now i see, connect the flared port to the pvc pipe, what was i thinking, WAIT that gives me a good idea, now i can prt my box HELL YEA!!!!!!

I havent gotten my stuff yet but i have a box allready built and now i can port it to the freq i want. I tried to make a 1.2 ft^3 box but wound up with 1.6ft^3, (dont ask how dont know), I am getting two pionner vccs 12's, and a 600 watt amp.

so you saying that I should use 4" x 20" ports facing the same direction as my subs and i should curve the ports so that it runs to the end of my box and then makes a 90* turn and runs along the back of the box???? anyone have any ideas for using just a straight port that would be like 12" long or somewhere where i wouldnt have to curve it so that it would be a low, hard hitting box??? thanx

If i go with the 4" by 20" curved ports..... how exactly would I curve these ports( what would it look like...any pictures??) and where would i get a curved port??? Picture please i cant picture how you want these curved.... whether you want them to curve to the inside of the box or up or down or what....anyone got any advice???

thanks alot man...ill test this out and hopefully it will hit nice and everything will work out....I was also thinking about getting a bandpass but i have heard that i shouldnt because they dont sound good...any thoughts on that....Im trying to get my subs to hit harder and I have heard some bandpasses that kick some ass and was thinking about it... What do you think about a bandpass vs this ported box i was thinking about building??

I also got some measurement from someone saying I should make the box 13" high x 16 inches deep x 32 inches wide, with 2 3"x 12.5" ports....he siad it would be around 32 Hz....does this sound like a good hard hitting box???

ok...but Im being told to use two chambers for my ported box then how am I going to use 3 3" ports....i would have to put 1 in a chamber and 2 in the other camber which wouldnt make sense to me....should I just have it all one chamber??

ok...thanks alot...so im gonna end up building a common chamber box 14" High x 16" deep x 32" wide with 3 3" x 13" ports all in a common chamber.... so my box will have

(o=port O=sub [=box)....the front will look like [oOoOo].....you think i should pack it with poly-fill stuffing???

will it make a difference in sound quality or any difference at all....does that box layout (shitty i know) look right with it going from left to right, port-sub-port-sub-port??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Miller

10+ year member
$
Miller
Chicago,IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date