Omg!Did I just ruin my new Limitless lithium

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
I don't have the lithium charger yet. Kids are getting it for me for Christmas. So for its first charge . I threw it on the regular charger was supposed to keep my eye on it as to not overcharge it. New multimeter wasn't set right.. long story short I put 17.5 volts into this lithium.AND I AM A DUMMY.. Was told do not go any higher then 14.9 volts. Once I realized the mistake I quickly threw it into my Honda. Turn on the bright lights and anything else that would draw Power. Within a few minutes I got it down to 13.5volts. I hope I didn't smoke this battery I will cry. What do you guys think

KY9qB8A.jpg
the new 25ah

Id deff. check the entire casing for any swelling or Joint seperations..I think it may be alright as you sound like you may have caught it quick enough and got it back down.. Prob wouldnt hurt to place it in room temp..of about 60-75* on a paper bag or some brown package wrapping paper for a couple days and see if it leaks/leaves any dried stains.Its almost one of the same issues I had in my 90 240 sx with an Alt that reached beyond Redline/pegged way out around 16+ while driving in Traffic.I turned everything on I could find to get it down to an acceptable level to get home.Wipers,Lights, HU,A/C full Blast to playing with the Up and down switches constantly for electric windows.Turned out Everything was fine after replacing the Alt. Even the Batt. survived the insident

how long was it like that for?

Lithium has no forgiveness outside of spec that high if it had any decent current behind it.. Probably anything over 0.2C is bad that high.

You'll greatly shorten it's cycle life. Only thing you can do is use it and see how long it lasts.

Since regular chargers dont CC-CV, i'm assuming it took a hit.

Overcharging lithium is more damaging than severe undercharging. It will greatly diminish the lifespan of cells. One of the selling points of lithium is longevity. Some of these companies are saying 10-12yrs on a lithium cell under normal conditions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.