Old School Eclipse VS Alpine

The newer eclipse is good, the older versions are the biggest peices of crap I have ever used, I know I used to sell them. Freakin JUNK.
The 414? like what this guy has? My 415 needs a little refurbing(it is 10 years old), and I know a guy who is still using a 413 on a daily basis. The deck works great(and sounds awesome).

The 414? like what this guy has? My 415 needs a little refurbing(it is 10 years old), and I know a guy who is still using a 413 on a daily basis. The deck works great(and sounds awesome).
Yeah, not sure which headunits he is talking about but I doubt it is the older ECD line. They are great units. Very high SQ IMO!

i have uesd eclipses of that age and i would still take one anyday over an alpine. i have an alpine and i hate it. i have been happy with every eclipse i have owned. in fact i have a 3404 that i originally got for my brother as a b-day gift, but i never gave it to him and i was condiering putting it in place of my 9835 because i like them that much more. i even hate the way they function. and they skip like crazy.

I sold eclipse from 99-2001, they had the highest falure rate/probems of any decks we sold "clarion, alpine, jvc", even though under the contracts we were supposidly not supposed to sell alpine if we were selling eclipse, did anyways though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif In fact the company I sold them under dropped the line in 2002. That is what so turned me off on them for the longest time, sure do like that 53 and 43 though! WOW nice decks.

We had massive problems with doa units, massive problems on the lower end ones of static through one or more rca's and also had a few units that the rotary knob meet a quick death. I recall two higher end units that the eject motors / gears simply died for no reason within a month after purchase and when sent in, eclipse would say we were sol on getting the customers cd's back.... Anyways developed a nasty taste for them as I stated above but I sure do like the 03 and 04 units... Guess when you sell in high volume you get the big picture, kinda like alpines first motorized face plate decks that started in 2000, man those things also had a massive falure rate.

I sold eclipse from 99-2001, they had the highest falure rate/probems of any decks we sold "clarion, alpine, jvc", even though under the contracts we were supposidly not supposed to sell alpine if we were selling eclipse, did anyways though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif In fact the company I sold them under dropped the line in 2002. That is what so turned me off on them for the longest time, sure do like that 53 and 43 though! WOW nice decks.
We had massive problems with doa units, massive problems on the lower end ones of static through one or more rca's and also had a few units that the rotary knob meet a quick death. I recall two higher end units that the eject motors / gears simply died for no reason within a month after purchase and when sent in, eclipse would say we were sol on getting the customers cd's back.... Anyways developed a nasty taste for them as I stated above but I sure do like the 03 and 04 units... Guess when you sell in high volume you get the big picture, kinda like alpines first motorized face plate decks that started in 2000, man those things also had a massive falure rate.
SO you recommend this guy stick with the alpine even though the eclipse he is looking at was made in either 93 or 94?

Eclipse had major "skip n blip" issues in 99-00(the 01 decks were very reliable, and did not have those issues). Other than that, Eclipse has been an incredibly reliable brand for the local shop.

I agree, the ECD is from an era pre e-skips and is one stellar unit. Is the Alpine the 9815 that was made in Japan and from the 1992 era as well? If so, **** good score on both units. Which ever one you use, send me the other.

Coo, I did not know them before that time so the ecd may be great, but compared to a 9815... I think I would reccomend the alpine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I own a cd-5442 from 2001-2002 and I had a problem with the cd player staying closed. I have however used a variety of hu's and love my eclipse. It is superb for SQ.

Coo, I did not know them before that time so the ecd may be great, but compared to a 9815... I think I would reccomend the alpine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This guy has a 7915, not a 9815. I recommend he listen to both and decide which one he prefers.

"I sold eclipse from 99-2001"
Well there is the problem. Those years ******! They stopped making the ECD line before then.

Actually the 01 decks were fine(or so my experience and the experience of the local shop tell me). I loved my CD8051 from '01.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.