ohms are exciting

Participant count
  • Participant list

seanbon23

Ok so this is my first post so bare with me. My question is I'm wondering if some subs I wanna buy are gonna be to powerful for the amp I wanna buy. The subs are 2 rockford fosgate T2D415. dual 4ohms. Max is 2400 watts. Rms is 1200.

And the amp is a an orion XTR15001 3000 watt class d monoblock. Stable at 1ohm and 1600watts × 1channel. Well I hope that's enough info for an answer thanks

there is no such thing as a sub that is too powerful for a given amp, subs do not create power, they take it.

that said, the amp your looking at wont push those subs to their potential, but it would run them decently. and you could always upgrade to something with more power later, just remember when getting into the 2.5-3kw range your going to need some serious electrical to back up your amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.