Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Can you use both top-terminals and side-post terminals on the same battery?
Eg.; have a distrobution terminal on the top of the battery which goes to the car accessories, and also to the amps in the back, while using the positive side-post terminal to connect the big-3 alternator-to-battery cabling?

Thanks!

That's fine. They're all hooked together internally. Just like having a built in distro block in the battery.

Hey John,

You got pics of your alternator connection? Just curious if your Honda's alt location is the same as mine. How did you wire it? Did you have to go underneath the car or remove anything?

Theres one up there.. not real descriptive though.

The bolt has a plastic collar on it that you'll need to break off to fit another ring terminal on there.

Most Honda's are the same. I could reach it from the top. It was a real bitoch though

Ive done alt to battery, battery to audio, but not the chassis to ground. I was wondering if it would be best to ground from the alt chassis to the battery. This is because i remember hearing the chassis is really only = to 4 awg and either way with a wire or without, there is resistance.

Ive done alt to battery, battery to audio, but not the chassis to ground. I was wondering if it would be best to ground from the alt chassis to the battery. This is because i remember hearing the chassis is really only = to 4 awg and either way with a wire or without, there is resistance.
Your alt is already grounded through the engine block.

The ground points that everyone is using have resulted the greatest results vs other points.

sorry for the ignorance, but I am learning...what is the exact name for this...

03.jpg

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...