Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

If you wanted to be super-ghetto-fabulous you could.

You don't have to buy one with built in fuses. It just makes everything neater under the hood. You do need an aftermarket terminal though to fit the new wires you just added.

If you wanted to be super-ghetto-fabulous you could.
You don't have to buy one with built in fuses. It just makes everything neater under the hood. You do need an aftermarket terminal though to fit the new wires you just added.
Wait so you're saying I DO need the after market battery terminal but I just don't need the fuse? If I have the fuse does that mean I don't need an inline fuse on the power wire? What happens if no battery terminal? And using a battery terminal doesn't that mean there's no use for the ring terminals?

Wait so you're saying I DO need the after market battery terminal but I just don't need the fuse? If I have the fuse does that mean I don't need an inline fuse on the power wire? What happens if no battery terminal? And using a battery terminal doesn't that mean there's no use for the ring terminals?

again, depends on the type of terminal you get. You stock one probably isn't going to get the job done is what I was saying. You still need a fuse on your main power line to the amps and the alternator positive to battery positive. You just don't need it built into the terminal.

again, depends on the type of terminal you get. You stock one probably isn't going to get the job done is what I was saying. You still need a fuse on your main power line to the amps and the alternator positive to battery positive. You just don't need it built into the terminal.
Ohh okay, I'll probably just pick up a pair of battery terminals too..in which case I won't need those power wire terminals because I stick the power wire straight into the battery terminal right? Also, so if you get a fuse on the terminal does that take care (so you won't need) an inline fuse near the battery on the power wire running to the amps?

Just did the big 3 on my 2001 Saturn L200... Unfortunatly it did not erradicate my Dimming woes. The dim only occurs for a split second when the bass hits, which leads me to believe that the Alternator CAN handle the power, it just takes that split second to kick in, perhaps the volage regulator on the alternato. Anywho, I'm bummed out that it didn't solve my problem...

The Big three is not an end all be all to your problems.

What size wire did you do the upgrade with? You're not even close to pulling over 1000w with your current system listed in your sig.. so perhaps you have some other issues with your car.

You should take your car to AutoZone or Checker and get a free electrical system check up. They'll be able to tell you if you need a new alt or battery (most likely battery).

I used 1/0 awg from KnuKonceptz. I do have 14.5 ish volts running accross the poles on the battery, and it only drops about 1 v when it hits.... but it does result in dimming. Come to think of it, the lights dim ever so slightly, for a split second when I use the power windows too (without the stereo on). Do you know if Partsource does free electrical system checkups?

I used 1/0 awg from KnuKonceptz. I do have 14.5 ish volts running accross the poles on the battery, and it only drops about 1 v when it hits.... but it does result in dimming. Come to think of it, the lights dim ever so slightly, for a split second when I use the power windows too (without the stereo on). Do you know if Partsource does free electrical system checkups?

No idea. Try calling them on Monday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...