OFC vs CCA and why CCA is junk..

i would not put anything into that vid, as its for kicker wire. they want you to buy there wire.

the only thing i would believe is a 3rd party doing test on different power setups.

i bet that board was rigged.

that test was a complete and utter fail at brainwash marketing and you believed it. CCA wire will not net you 25% more power, if you believe that... just lol

Here's a more legit test with d'more engineering's amplifer dyno.

and thats what im trying to say..

cca has its place. im sure longer runs there will be more drop. but in that vid there was not much difference ant all.

now ill only use ofc but thats me there are many use cca and its fine for them.

it just really depends on the run,,power your running.

Here's a more legit test with d'more engineering's amplifier dyno.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNCIAGchHw
Pretty much confirms what the Kicker test outlined but how many of us only have a 3 foot run between amplifier and battery ?

Shorter runs the difference is minimal but there's still a difference, you can't deny that..

On longer runs like 12 feet or more the OFC is going to outperform the CCA by a wide margin..

On a 3000 watt amplifier the difference between 3199 watts and 3274 watts is insignificant but what about smaller systems like 500 watts and below, the difference in power will be substantial..

Pretty much confirms what the Kicker test outlined but how many of us only have a 3 foot run between amplifier and battery ?Shorter runs the difference is minimal but there's still a difference, you can't deny that..

On longer runs like 12 feet or more the OFC is going to outperform the CCA by a wide margin..

On a 3000 watt amplifier the difference between 3199 watts and 3274 watts is insignificant but what about smaller systems like 500 watts and below, the difference in power will be substantial..
You do realize a certified run on an amplifier dyno is a pure torture sine wave that completely stresses the amp causing the amp to pull max current. In every day music, its dynamic and you will never draw that much current and the wire does not even get close to being that stressed. with 500 watts of current the most power you gain is a few extra watts in the single digits. You are just paying double the price for a few extra watts. If that helps you sleep at night then go ahead. Theres plenty of people out there that run CCA with no problems at all and get loud doing so too. Only time when there's failure is when you try to pull more current then the wire is meant for.

Proper CCA is also oversized. That kicker video, they used garbage soundquest wires which claim to be 8 gauge CCA but are more like 10 gauge CCA with a thick jacket. Any proper CCA brand will be oversized to achieve a skin effect and give similar power transfer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.