odds of clipping???

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
what are the odds of my setup to be clipping....i'm using a 2000wt hifonics brutus at 1ohm on an HDC318....with the bass boost on radio and amp at 0....the amp is set where it's delivering approximately 1000wrms (set with a dmm), just for "break in period"....and ssf at about 30hz, and lpf at 60.....so how much clipping if any do you think i would be getting???

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Just because you set your gains with a digital multi-meter does NOT mean that you reduce your chances of clipping down to nothing!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Just because you set your gains with a digital multi-meter does NOT mean that you reduce your chances of clipping down to nothing!
this thread wouldn't be here if they thought they eliminated all chances of clipping..

how many tablespoons of clipping???......nah jk, is there enough clipping to harm the sub while it's breaking in...and once the sub is broke in, and i turn the amp up to 1800-1900 or whatever the amp will put out, will there be enough clipping to harm it then??

how many tablespoons of clipping???......nah jk, is there enough clipping to harm the sub while it's breaking in...and once the sub is broke in, and i turn the amp up to 1800-1900 or whatever the amp will put out, will there be enough clipping to harm it then??
after a sub has been broken in, the suspension might get softer so you might not even need to turn it up. I doubt that you're clipping setting the gain to put out 1000watts on a 2000watts amp.

^^^^yeah, but they say the HDC's dont get loud until they're getting about 1600+ rms.....and there's plenty of people running 2200-3000wrms, with no problem to them...

^^^^yeah, but they say the HDC's dont get loud until they're getting about 1600+ rms.....and there's plenty of people running 2200-3000wrms, with no problem to them...
What i mean is after you break a sub in you might need less power than you initially had on them. Which is what you seem to be thinking...

well even once the sub is broken in, shouldnt it be able to handle as much as my amp will give it....i'd like to get the most out of the HDC as i can

^^^^ ok, thats what i was thinking too....so maybe when we finally turn the gain up on the amp, we'll do it at volume 34/40, and not go past that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.