obsidian audio 18 quality

There are many of us that use the 12 and 15 and they perform amazingly well. I would assume the 18 will perform with the same quality as those.

With their current price points on their product there is not much else out there right now that will compare.

I was eyeballing them hard. Great price point as he said. They will sell like hotcakes until audiopipes 3krms 150$ 18" hits the market. LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

yea there sold out of the pre order but theres one on ebay nib thats where i seen it at whens this 3k audiopipe going to hit the market?
It was a joke lol. I run the OA-12 and couldn't be happier, very stout sub. People have sent over 1k daily to these subs with no issues. Mine is getting 800-1000w right now and I haven't smelled the coil get hot once (and I've put the sub through some pretty good abuse, playing songs in the low 30's full tilt for 5 minutes straight)

The OA subs would be the current best "bang for the buck" sub out currently.

As a side note, we have 4 OA 15s in a wall and they have been heavily abused over the end of last season.

On the subject of 18's, what is the sq like on them. I am guessing it isn't going to be as sharp as an 8 but would it be able to kinda keep up with some double kick drums.

On the subject of 18's, what is the sq like on them. I am guessing it isn't going to be as sharp as an 8 but would it be able to kinda keep up with some double kick drums.
Why would that be? Size has absolutely nothing to do with the "speed" of the woofer - inductance is what determines the accuracy of transient response. Read this paper.

Back OT to your question, the 18" sounds very smooth. Because of the 18's low reaching capabilities and because it uses the same motor and coil as the rest of Obsidian's 600 watt lineup that means it plays just as high meaning the bandwidth is very broad. Get the frequency response flat and the impulse will be optimized. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.