Obsidian 12's vs Audioque sdc2.5 12's? Best bang for the buck?

Bostonjlguy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have any opportunity to trade my 2 obsidian 12's for 2 sdc2.5's. Has anyone heard both? Which have more output? I really like my obsidians; however, I constantly find myself trading, buying, and selling. I love to try new stuff. I recently fell in love with Obsidian! If you haven't heard them, pick up a pair. They are cheap! Is there a better sub for the money?

I believe Nick from Obsidian did spl testing with the OA and the sdc2.5 and the OA was able to get louder in an spl burp type scenerio. I personally would keep the OA, never heard the AQs, but from what I've read they aren't known to sound great. But if its just a matter of wanting to try something new, go for it...lol

I believe Nick from Obsidian did spl testing with the OA and the sdc2.5 and the OA was able to get louder in an spl burp type scenerio. I personally would keep the OA, never heard the AQs, but from what I've read they aren't known to sound great. But if its just a matter of wanting to try something new, go for it...lol
I like to try new stuff, but I don't like to be disappointed either! I would have tried some Skar 8's if someone wouldn't have gotten rid of them already lol!

I like to try new stuff, but I don't like to be disappointed either! I would have tried some Skar 8's if someone wouldn't have gotten rid of them already lol!
Lol funny how I had them for sale for ever and finally sold em now I have 3-4 people ready to buy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But seriously, I would take the OAs over anything in its price range. If I get back into audio anytime soon, Obsidian will be going in my ride.

SDC's sound just fine for daily listening and do quite well down low. So do the OA's. Honestly swapping around a bunch of 2.5" VC subs isn't going to be a night and day diff. Get more power and step up to 3" VC subs...

And dropping SDC's into your OA box would not be ideal, so unless you plan to build a new box for the SDC's I'd just keep the OA's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bostonjlguy

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Bostonjlguy
Dubuque, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date