NY Neon Laws

well ive got neon tubes inside my car and strobes in a few light housings on the outside and the cops have warned me that i could be busted for impersonating a police officer or firefighter

your best bet would to not drive with outside lights on and if you see a cop kill everything!

Under the car: as long as the lights are not pertruding above the car then its ok, and as long as there not flashing.

In the car: (any color)as long as you cant see the tube its-self, (flashing) the only colors here are green and yellow that can flash

The best thing is to check with the DMV and ask them about the laws, or a cop(best bet check with the DMV)

i do know that lights under ur car are illegal..its over illumination or something, also u can have lights in ur car excpet in certain spots like on the crash pad in the front or on the ceiling. i have 3 15inch blue lights inside my 92 lumina and i just recenly got pulled over because i had on mounted on the packing shelf in the back of my car....its impersonating a cop..i asked him if i just mounted it under the seat or bench in the back, and the cop said that wouod be fine as long as the bulb is not showing...its a 300 fine for the light law violation. also in Ma the led winshield washer lights are illegal..it *****.

im in MA also(too many stiff laws) the lights under the car are illegal only if the light is showing above the bumpers and/or flashing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tehon3299

10+ year member
tehon3299
Liverpool, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from