Nothing but bass.

Participant count
  • Participant list

scowlface

Alright, I bought my girlfriend a Kenwood head unit for her car. I can't remember the exact model number and her car is at her house. It was definitely on the low end as it was only $70.

I put it in myself, along with the sub woofers and all the wires required and have had no problems until yesterday when we went over a bump and all the sudden all the speakers stopped making noise and the only thing that actually worked were the subs. Then we went over another speed bump and it cut back on for about three seconds and then went back off. Now the only thing that outputs is the bass from the subs.

I went to electronics express where I bought the head unit and they were going to charge me $40 dollars to take a look. I thought I'd ask the interweb first.

Is there power to the speaker amp? Did you hook up a speaker amp? If so, check the remote led and power ground. Check rca's/ If you did not hook an amp, then you might be shorting it out somewhere. trace the wires and try to find the short.

I'm really not great at car audio, I probably should've paid to have it installed. I just thought it'd be a waste of money for something that I could do myself with some help from some friends. All I did was follow some instructions and hooked up the wiring harness to the car and CD player after connecting the wires and then hooked up the power control wire and RCAs to the amp for the subs.

Would one speaker grounding out effect all four? Her brother replaced the two rear speakers and did a hack job trying to get them to fit. :p

The front two door speakers haven't been touched.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.