Not turning on

Participant count
  • Participant list

sizzl3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
Hi, just a hu question today. I recently disconnected my amp because in going to be re wiring. I took out the power wire running to my amp and now my deck won't turn on. Everythings connected, just not amp wise. Is it because the amps not connected or what?

Yeah I checkd behind, nothing was diconnected. Didn't check the fuse...I guess that could be it. I just don't understan why it randomly would turn off.

ur supposed to un-hook power before you remove power wires, It randomly turned off when you un-hooked the power because you blew a fuse, power goes through the fuse...so if fuse is blown, no power is getting to HU.

Use a volt meter to check for 12V at the head unit harness. You need 12V at the yellow wire and 12V at the red wire with the key in the Acc or Run position.

I know someone who just moved to Lakeville. Must be a nice place for a family. Do you like it there?

Ok so i took it out of my car, and then plugged it in, and it works. maybe its just this freezing cold weather we're having in MN...I hate it.

Use a volt meter to check for 12V at the head unit harness. You need 12V at the yellow wire and 12V at the red wire with the key in the Acc or Run position.
I know someone who just moved to Lakeville. Must be a nice place for a family. Do you like it there?
Even though i hate the cold, yeah i love lakeville. AWESOME place actually. how old is your friend..?

Ok so i took it out of my car, and then plugged it in, and it works. maybe its just this freezing cold weather we're having in MN...I hate it.
Do you mean you unplugged it from the harness, plugged it back in, and it turned on?

Even though i hate the cold, yeah i love lakeville. AWESOME place actually. how old is your friend..?
Cool, good to hear. I think she's 25. She's a freelance photographer looking for work.

Do you mean you unplugged it from the harness, plugged it back in, and it turned on?

Cool, good to hear. I think she's 25. She's a freelance photographer looking for work.
Yeah it was the weirdest thing.

And that's cool, maybe I'll get her when I want my senior pics haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.