not the "normal" install.... would like opinions and some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list
thank i appreciate all the help......i always go by reviews online and obviously they are not always the best...
im not looking for amazing but i do want something nice

if i was to run the 6x9s in the back and components up front what would be my best way to wire it to the 4 channel (keeping sub)
You'll lose your fader ability but you can run your back and front speakers together, just wire them in parallel. Then bridge the sub on the other 2 channels.

ok so i have my my final decisions....

i stuck with the mb quart 4.80 for my amp (got it)

clarion eqs746 (on the way)

soundstream sc-6t components up front

soundstream pct .653 coaxials out back

i also found and now own a vented box that matches my sub requirements almost perfectly ($50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

now i have a few questions just so i set things up correctly and get the best sound i can

#1 using the eq and my phone as my primary source should i set both my crossovers on my amp to full and control everything from my eq?

#2 for using ch3/4 four bridged for a sub the amp instructions (first NEW amp i have ever owned so i read em) say to use a mono source...

will just running both rcas from the eq's sub out work fine? or do i need to do something "special"

im still trying to do more research on my own but if anyone knows these answers off the top of their head.........i would appreciate any response

sorry to make another post right after this one but one more ?

im gonna use ch1/2 for my fronts and rears

front components are 80rms and the rears are 90 rms

amp puts out 160x4 at 2ohms ... if i wire them in parallel it should be just about the perfect match.....?

would it matter if i use 14awg speaker wire out back and the 16awg on the front?

i dont have enough of either to wire all the same.... but could buy more.... but is it nessacary?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

campbell8402

10+ year member
campbell8402
south carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from