Not SQ but not SPL?

They are all the same brand and came as part of a “kit” sort of speak. CDT Audio. I don’t want to lose sound quality because I ditched the “imaging” tweeters  I don’t know if I would or not  just a statement   CB51BA85-A284-4977-9274-6E95649B9964.jpeg

Its more in the lines of when you are going head unit to DSP, you have too many things in the signal line and too much sound colouration from both sources, yes a pioneer head unit will sound different from a kenwood or clarion or alpine out the box flat and you subject that to the dayton's sound signature too leads to some bad distortion just from pure internal DAC colouration of sound.  In all kinds of testing with all 3 setups I've installed this dayton DSP in, the bluetooth dongle is the best smoothest sound quality by far. The dongle is just bluetooth 4.0 but supports aptx and the clients phones and my personal phone all support bluetooth 5.0 and qualcomm aptx HD , iphone 8, galaxy note 8 and one plus 6t which actually triggers when connected to the dsp. There's no audio difference going from the Iphone to my one plus on one setup and no difference from note 8 to my one plus as long as we dont mess with any EQ apps on the phone.

With the dongle you are getting direct signal straight to the DSP and only go through the DSP's DAC which allows for a cleaner purer sound because the DAC is WAAAAY better than the ones used in head units IMO. Ideally you want as little things in the signal line as possible and a direct pure source that can output the highest resolution signal to the amps.
Thanks for sharing more about your experience with it. I have a Chinese Amp/DSP made by Recoil that I have not hooked up yet. 1 because I know I may be disappointed and two there is no support for it, no Control software, no English manual, etc.  So I have been curious how a true DSP performs and should act before I go install this one.  I may end up trying to sell it and put that difference towards the Dayton. I really want to get away from using my head unit and have been trying to ever since last summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are all the same brand and came as part of a “kit” sort of speak. CDT Audio. I don’t want to lose sound quality because I ditched the “imaging” tweeters  I don’t know if I would or not  just a statement  
the set just shows a two way set which includes pair of mid and a pair of tweet. Why is there another pair of tweeters in the equation? 

I was telling you to get rid of the regular tweeter not the imaging tweeters which i assume is higher up by the A pillar area.

Not sure why they call it a two way kit when there is technically 3 sets. The imaging tweets mount to the windshield up in the top corners and point towards the center of the dash in a 45 degree angle. The main tweeters are in the lower a pillar. The passive xover has 3 separate inputs also. 

Not sure why they call it a two way kit when there is technically 3 sets. The imaging tweets mount to the windshield up in the top corners and point towards the center of the dash in a 45 degree angle. The main tweeters are in the lower a pillar. The passive xover has 3 separate inputs also. 
looks like it'll be a mess for imaging and time alignment in all honesty.  You'll want a separate 2 channel amp to control the other tweeter so you can time align it individually from the other tweeter. I'm guessing tonality would be similar and be fine since its in the same set. However time alignment is key for SQ, if they are in different spots in the car, you cannot use the same time alignment, EQ and crossover points based on the reflections and distance issues you face.

looks like it'll be a mess for imaging and time alignment in all honesty.  You'll want a separate 2 channel amp to control the other tweeter so you can time align it individually from the other tweeter. I'm guessing tonality would be similar and be fine since its in the same set. However time alignment is key for SQ, if they are in different spots in the car, you cannot use the same time alignment, EQ and crossover points based on the reflections and distance issues you face.
Looks like I’m going to have a set of tweeters for sale soon. I don’t have the room for another amp nor is it even worth it to me. I’m sure I can accomplish what I’m looking for without them.  

Looks like I’m going to have a set of tweeters for sale soon. I don’t have the room for another amp nor is it even worth it to me. I’m sure I can accomplish what I’m looking for without them.  
if you want louder sound you can just wire the tweets to the same channel of the amp parallel and play with the crossovers and time alignment. It wont be perfect imaging and soundstage but It might give you a fuller sound if thats the way the set was made for. Just try to get the image centered as best you can..

Then you can start unhooking each tweeter to see if you like it or not. idk just experiment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.