not happy with

accord99
10+ year member

kenwood x794 deck. kicker 700.5 amp, kicker 6.5 two way in front door, kicker 6x9 two way rear deck, port slotted box with 2 10" audiobahns. just not happy with its sound. its ok but nothing great or breath taking. rap has crazy bass, rock is alright. what can i do. what can i do here. what does this apm really put out. birth sheet said 743 watts. is that all 5 channels combined? what is the sub channel doing watts wise? just dosent sound good to me. i want something that is not all bass. it over powers the highs and mids. help?

keep that amp for mids and highs,turn/tune it down, and get some real power to push the subs..what are the subs? model/dvc/svc?

that amp only shows to have 420 @2ohms,and on a good day if you are maintaining 14.4v..im betting you arent getting maybe half the power for the subs..

if you need a good strong bass amp @2ohms..pm me,or/and any other amps,ive got some great amps that will toast that kicker on mids and highs,and sub ch...all day long,and worth every penny

Depending on what the Kicker's are up front I would upgrade the 6.5's and run them solely off the 700.5, unhook the 6x9's in the rear deck and get a dedicated sub amp for the 10's.

that amp only shows to have 420 @2ohms,and on a good day if you are maintaining 14.4v..im betting you arent getting maybe half the power for the subs..
Yuh, but he's complaining that the subs already overpower his main speakers. Seems like he has enough sub power but needs a better front stage. 75Wx4 is enough to get pretty loud if the speaker install is done correctly.

you might be able to just put some bass blockers on the speakers as well,to solve the overwhelming bass out of the front speakers too..cheap fix

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.