not every one knows everything dont make fun of me lol

Participant count
  • Participant list

playyamxz550
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Memphis
okay so I had a though today and figured if it matterd or not because I never ran into this situation. say my truck has 2 battries up front and I run 2 power wires of each into 2 amps strapped then i connect the battries would that make it more effienct power wise for voltage because now its a circut instead of just a dead end?

there are 2 ways of connecting them. Series wiring will add the voltages together while keeping only the capacity of one. Parallel will double the capacity but keep the voltage at 12-14. For car audio, if you are going to connect batts, you will want to parralel them so that your amps run safely and get that extra capacity. if you have 2 matching amps though and run them both off of the batts, it wont really matter too much if the batts are paralleled or just separated. Parallel is always good though because its like having one large capacity battery and they will both discharge evenly.

okay so I had a though today and figured if it matterd or not because I never ran into this situation. say my truck has 2 battries up front and I run 2 power wires of each into 2 amps strapped then i connect the battries would that make it more effienct power wise for voltage because now its a circut instead of just a dead end?
'Normal' wiring is already a circuit. From the pos term of the batt, to the amp, and then back to the negative terminal on the batt (or vice versa, depending on who you talk to). What you are suggesting is simply making 2 separate circuits instead of one. The only possible efficiency advantage would be from added wire mass (less line loss), but if your single wire running back is of sufficient size, this 'advantage' in the double circuit would be moot.

Dont feel bad at all. Nobody was born with knowledge of how electrical wiring operates. We have to/had to learn it some time.

I have all knu 0 gauge in my truck powering 2 18 dc's, would this help outta phase problems people have with subs? because it would keep a consitant power

I have all knu 0 gauge in my truck powering 2 18 dc's, would this help outta phase problems people have with subs?
Wouldn't affect phase at all, no.

And again, if your single wire setup is sufficient, 2 runs of wire will not give any benefit such as more consistent power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.