Northstar SMSAGM220

Participant count
  • Participant list

GPcarAudio.com
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
Missouri
FRESH OUT OF THE FACTORY NORTHSTAR SMSAGM220 along with ALL other Northstar Battery models are on sale with this coupon code until the end of the month.

$324.00 SHIPPED Coupon code: back2school

*SALE* Northstar SMSAGM220 - gp car audio

Sale ends August 31, 2017

20994347_585297691594200_8180856896381837562_n.jpg

See below, a 4k wired at 0.25 handling business on a single northstar smsagm220, with a stock alternator

[video=youtube;H6PZh5-BPjo]

ALSO on sale

✔Northstar Battery ✔GP Machined Parts ✔The COMPLETE Wiring Kits ✔GP STFU SOUND DEADENER

✔Team GP ALTERNATORS

✔GP Ultra HFI RCA's ✔Amp kits ✔Big 3 kits ✔The Complete System Packages

✔Pre terminated wires ✔NO SAG Springs

http://www.GPcarAudio.com

☇FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS☇

FRESH OUT OF THE FACTORY NORTHSTAR SMSAGM220 along with ALL other Northstar Battery models are on sale with this coupon code until the end of the month. $324.00 SHIPPED Coupon code: back2school

*SALE* Northstar SMSAGM220 - gp car audio

Sale ends August 31, 2017

20994347_585297691594200_8180856896381837562_n.jpg

See below, a 4k wired at 0.25 handling business on a single northstar smsagm220, with a stock alternator

[video=youtube;H6PZh5-BPjo]

What battery would run 2k-3k watts rms?

This is an insane price for that battery. What was his voltage like on that 4k with that sms220? Amp didn't protect @ .25 so it must have held something decent.
For the amount of power these run, its a steal

with a stock alt, was holding right around 12v full tilt, we couldn't ever get the amp to protect, we also ran this amp like this in another vehicle with rise staying under 1 ohm at 12v and getting about 3500w clamped, stock alt also. It was a joke in the beginning wiring that amp that low, we expected it to blow, but ended up running it for a total of about 2 years wired at 0.25, in a couple team vehicles and never had an issue, it was a trip, lol, to this day that amp is still alive and has never needed repaired

For the amount of power these run, its a steal with a stock alt, was holding right around 12v full tilt, we couldn't ever get the amp to protect, we also ran this amp like this in another vehicle with rise staying under 1 ohm at 12v and getting about 3500w clamped, stock alt also. It was a joke in the beginning wiring that amp that low, we expected it to blow, but ended up running it for a total of about 2 years wired at 0.25, in a couple team vehicles and never had an issue, it was a trip, lol, to this day that amp is still alive and has never needed repaired
Well dang... power bass might be the next move for me then.

Other than looks, whats the difference between that battery and the blue batteries? And also it can be run my only battery right?
Yes it can be ran as your only battery, now I will note, the wattage recommendation is for it being used as a secondary battery beside your amp(s), to get the full benefit from all the way under the hood, you will need to overkill on wiring runs front to back. The more runs you add the more effortless the power delivery under a high amperage load from less resistance over the long lengths of wire. This will give you minimal voltage loss over the long lengths under a load. Essentially think of it like this, the more runs you have the more its like the battery is sitting right next to the amplifier. On 2 to 3k, I know this will sound overkill, but if you are avoiding running a rear secondary battery, i'd suggest at least 2 runs of 1/0 pure copper to the rear. This will allow you to effortlessly get the amperage you need to the rear of the vehicle with minimal voltage loss over the longs lengths.

Yes it can be ran as your only battery, now I will note, the wattage recommendation is for it being used as a secondary battery beside your amp(s), to get the full benefit from all the way under the hood, you will need to overkill on wiring runs front to back. The more runs you add the more effortless the power delivery under a high amperage load from less resistance over the long lengths of wire. This will give you minimal voltage loss over the long lengths under a load. Essentially think of it like this, the more runs you have the more its like the battery is sitting right next to the amplifier. On 2 to 3k, I know this will sound overkill, but if you are avoiding running a rear secondary battery, i'd suggest at least 2 runs of 1/0 pure copper to the rear. This will allow you to effortlessly get the amperage you need to the rear of the vehicle with minimal voltage loss over the longs lengths.
Thing is i got a regular cab truck and with my amps in place & the enclosure box I got no space in the back. However, I do have a secondary battery spot on my engine bay and from there to my amps its like a 6 to 8 foot. Length.Would it work and how many runs would you recommend. & reason Id like to run as main battery is because my main battery has regular terminals & well my amps are shutting off every now & then.

Thing is i got a regular cab truck and with my amps in place & the enclosure box I got no space in the back. However, I do have a secondary battery spot on my engine bay and from there to my amps its like a 6 to 8 foot. Length.Would it work and how many runs would you recommend. & reason Id like to run as main battery is because my main battery has regular terminals & well my amps are shutting off every now & then.
right on yes that will work, sorry for the slow reply, was out of town and just getting back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GPcarAudio.com

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
GPcarAudio.com
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date