Noob question, aux cord installation and amp use

Participant count
  • Participant list

Roberts

MA
First of all I apologize for my painful lack of knowledge and terminology. I have a 99 Saturn SC1 with a Panasonic cq-1100u radio. I bought an audio cord that plugs into the rear preamp output connector (red and white plugs) that has an aux attachment. I plug it in and it plays music from my ipod or whatever, but only in the back speakers. Also the back speakers do not play music from them regularly. I can adjust the fade but it never gets both speakers equally. The back speakers as the speakers behind the seats on the back dash behind the headrests. My questions are, can I use these connectors to use my aux on all speakers? How do I make the back speakers play? Also, not really related but I really like bass and my car *****.

Any help or even just a point in the right direction where I can read about everything myself would be great! I just don't know where to start.

View attachment 26553695

Start with a new radio.one with an aux input.that radio you have seems a bit dated and I don't think you'll have control over all the speakers with the rca output being used as aux input.my opinion

First of all I apologize for my painful lack of knowledge and terminology. I have a 99 Saturn SC1 with a Panasonic cq-1100u radio. I bought an audio cord that plugs into the rear preamp output connector (red and white plugs) that has an aux attachment. I plug it in and it plays music from my ipod or whatever, but only in the back speakers. Also the back speakers do not play music from them regularly. I can adjust the fade but it never gets both speakers equally. The back speakers as the speakers behind the seats on the back dash behind the headrests. My questions are, can I use these connectors to use my aux on all speakers? How do I make the back speakers play? Also, not really related but I really like bass and my car *****. Any help or even just a point in the right direction where I can read about everything myself would be great! I just don't know where to start.

View attachment 26553695
Those rcas on your deck are for an aux amp ...I have a brand new AUX adapter for $25 shipped...that will give your deck AUX input ....it can be used with any deckas long as it has working FM ...very popular on classic cars that were AM FM only ...and they don't want to cut the dash...You can PM me if you need one...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.