No sound from speakers

Zach85
10+ year member

I have factory speakers in my car right now, but did work before and at one time during the installation of my new cd player. however, when I have everything wired in, the speakers will not work. it is possibly the grounding? I might have my ground wires hooked up wrong, but everything with the CD Player works as it it supposed to. I tried hooking up my Subwoofer to one of the front speaker's wires from the CD Player but that didn't make any sound! Help please!

well, it can't be anything wrong with the grounding, considering the hu IS working. what hu is it? and are you sure u hooked up all the speakers with the correct wires? maybe in the process of installing the hu u pulled the wire off of the terminals on the speakers? or maybe a blown internal amp?(just throwin out idea's) i'm really not sure, but one of the more experienced guys should know:)

Same thing happened to me when I first got a new h/u. I found out that I had a stock 4 channel amp for all the speakers, so we had to bypass that to hook up my new amp. Do you have a stock amp?

how can i wire new speakers from the trunk to the front through the "tube" that is factory installed? would those pipe cleaning thing do it if I were to take like 30 of them and hook them all up and push them through? I don't know if my car has a seperate tube that the speaker wires run through. Someone please help. thanks!

i had a similar problem actually. i just ran new wires and left the factory harness there. plus that way i know how to get to it if there's any other problems.

Originally posted by Zach85 how can i wire new speakers from the trunk to the front through the "tube" that is factory installed? would those pipe cleaning thing do it if I were to take like 30 of them and hook them all up and push them through? I don't know if my car has a seperate tube that the speaker wires run through. Someone please help. thanks!
my dad has this thing, i think it's called a wire snake, that you can feed through where you want your new wire to go, feed the new wire through a loop at the end of the wire snake, and pull it back through. makes it so much easier.

Originally posted by Moocow16 my dad has this thing, i think it's called a wire snake, that you can feed through where you want your new wire to go, feed the new wire through a loop at the end of the wire snake, and pull it back through. makes it so much easier.
Where can I get one of those wire snakes?

well no sound means one of two things in a probe wiring.... either a shorted or blown spkr somewhere in the car, or if you have ford's premium sound w/ a amp which is found behind the right rear spkr. you may need to bypass for with a metra 705513 harness.

remember aftermarket radios just like amps have short circuit protection so check it out.

also on your radio adaptor harness a wht/ blue wire being energized? that would turn on the amp.... no solid blue that would be antenna.

just an fyi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.