no **** room in jeeps

jgallo772
10+ year member

anyone out there ever make any boxes for jeep wranglers, i have a 95, and im trying to customize a box to fit two alpine r12's and still have a back seat!!! word of advice dont buy a jeep if you wanna have a system, its taking everything out of me to get everything i have in it!!!!

hey whats up ive got a jeep too, ive seen a lot of installs, and i think ure best bet is to sell your subs on ebay and get some 10's. if you want loud ass bass get power HX2 tens they require very little airspace from what i have heard. My friend has 3 of them and he is hitting close to 150db. however if u look at installs on sounddomain.com in the member pages people have doen some wierd stuff. if u have acsess to a plazma cutter you can put subs in your wheelwell's. they is ever a guy who out 4 jl;s under his backseat by cutting out the floor and welding a box in for them. If you look at jeeptricks install on soundomain he has 2 kicker solobaric 15's behind his backseat facing the front of the car. It must sound like ass though because i know those subs are moving enough to thump against the back of the seat and that cant be good for the subs either. there is also another install on sounddomain where the guy put an MTX 12 in his seat. he built a box the same exact shape as the bottomof the seat, cocered it with factory material and oput his sub in it with a little bit of padding on top. the sub faces the floor when the seat is down, and again i know it moves enough to hit the floor which has to be bad. However if he folds and tumbles the seat it fires towards the back of the jeep and probly sounds good. so i guess if you want to bass without people sitting in ure back seat thats a good option. u can just turn the bass off when u have passangers. hope all this helps if u have any questions about jeeps i have 10 speakers in mine its also a YJ and i installed everything myself so i might be able to help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jgallo772

10+ year member
jgallo772
boston, ma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from