No power to head unit??!!!

BuildIturSelf
10+ year member

Wuddup everyone...I just bought a brand new pioneer DEH-P3600 head unit from wal-mart, but for some reason I can't get it to turn on. I hooked up one of those cheap durabrand cd players in it before i bought the good one, and everything worked fine, but I took that one back to get the new pioneer. I tried hooking the power and ground up strait to the battery and it still wouldn't turn on, all fuses are fine too. And ever since I tried hooking it up, a couple strange things have happened.....the interior lights, the hood light, the trunk light, and the power door locks stoped working all the sudden?wtf??? I am going to bring it up and have it installed in a couple of days to see if they have better luck with it, but I just figured I would see if anyone on here mite know whats going on before I do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

hmm sounds like a blown fuse to me... When installing did you pull the power cord to the HU a bit too far? You might have pulled the other end of the cable off. Just a thought...

bypass all the fuse and noise harnesses and hook it up straight to the battery. If it doesnt work then it doesnt work and you should take it back.

I hooked it directly to the battery...and it still didnt work
Might be a blown fuse inside the HU or the thing is fried completly... What about the power cord on the HU, mine has a little black box connected to it that houses a fuse

Same thing happened to me...look under your dash or where ever your fuse box is and there should be 2 fuses for the radio and the interior lighting and door dingers and stuff are shared by one of them (well there might just be one i had 2). Replace those fuses if they are fried and try again. That will fix your lights and if it doesnt fix the deck ram it up wal marts *yea*.

yeah reaplace ur radio fuses for the car. And hook ur hu straight up to the battery. I mean lift up the hood and connect it straight to the batter terminals. Make shure u twist the power wire and the contstant wire (yellow wire) togther when u touch the postive post of the battery terminals.

O yea and if you want to test the deck on the batt make sure you put the constant and the remote wire on the +.
WTF! Don't put the remote on the +!!!! The remote will be + if you power on the HU to trigger your amp to switch on...

Sounds like a blown courtesy light/interior lights/something labled close to that.

Replace that fuse and check the deck on the battery directly.

Put the BLACK wire on the "-" terminal, then

Twist the YELLOW and RED wires together and put them to the "+" terminal.

check this out........there are a bunch of wires for new cd players......one of which will be illumination...try makin sure thats hooked p and check the fuse in the back of the HU

another thing, remember red iss accesory, yellow is power, blue is remote, i believe blue with white stripe is illumination. you should know black is ground. make sure all of it is wired good.

But check the fuse in the back of cd player before anything else.....you have to pull of the wiring harness to get to the fuse.

it was the **** interior lighting fuse, I guess the power door locks and the continuous power is also wired into that. Works like a charm now though...Thanks for the advice! Oh by the way I dont have the XXX 15's like it sais...workin on it though, but I have two american pro 15's to hold me over.

Peace and thanx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.