nice comps for 600$ max

hey there...dont listen to squeak....buy what ever you want....one of the worst things to do is compromise by buying less then you want and then having to shell out even more later........

if you are new to installing....listen to as much as you can then pick what sounds good to you....then research like crazy and then install them the best you can....

hey there...dont listen to squeak....buy what ever you want....one of the worst things to do is compromise by buying less then you want and then having to shell out even more later........
if you are new to installing....listen to as much as you can then pick what sounds good to you....then research like crazy and then install them the best you can....
not nit picking but i have seen some first timers work. even seen some totally trashed door panels due to the install just if you are gonna do it take it apart and really set everything up before you start hacking away

RE is expecting to release the xvoers and tweets when the new woofer comes out. you can get the mids now (especially since the GB is going on) and buy the mids and tweets when they come out. you just pay the differance in the price which is about $149

Yeah.....nothing like installing a $600 set of components and having them perform at 1/2 of their ability because the install/setup was subpar.

Really. I was so worried about losing what little install quality I already had, so I built mounts to go over the stock locations rather than carve into my doors.

You can show off a $600 set of speakers that sound like a $100 set of speakers because of a poor install. However, there's a lot more pride in showing off the $100 set that sounds like a $600 set thanks to the install.

how about also give him tips on how to maximize his component install for what ever set he chooses. That way he will know the difficulty level of properly installing them and he can decide if he wants to go that route or not.. Just a suggestion. I would help, but i lack knowledge to a good component set up and would also like to see that explained

RE is expecting to release the xvoers and tweets when the new woofer comes out. you can get the mids now (especially since the GB is going on) and buy the mids and tweets when they come out. you just pay the differance in the price which is about $149

new woofer????

the image dynamics cd 1e v.2 these replace tweeters correct? i need to know if these would beworth the money really hit the highs and midrange new re xxx as midrange if not i got i got 300 to spend on midrange and crossover. help me choose

to me its a good idea to see a few installed to get the idea (apply what you read) as you look at what was done after that it boils down to craftmanship

this is true but...in speaking of "just out and tackle it" with nadda experience its sorta hard to gauge between a picture an install and a correct install. as a former installer you dont know how many times i have seen first timers totally do damage. the point where you should try is when you feel comfortable to try it and there is a huge difference between being eager and excited compaired to being confident in what you are doing so you do it right. again i know this really isnt all that hard but people that dont learn basics right (they dont even immitate they improvise) broken panels, power wire ran up under hood hinge then through the door jam..(i fixxed more of these than i EVER wanna remember).. gotta know enough to even know common sense on how its done, now if he has a person there thats cool but i would be leary.

Well, there's your problem. Because install and speakers go hand in hand. Since money can be saved, and time is expendable, sound deaden your doors and seal off your existing speakers as good as you can. You should notice a bit more midbass. Start from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.