SOLD NIB Stetsom 7k2d

proof of 9700 at 1 ohm nominal at 13.8v??
All mfg testing is none with a non reactive load so the amps sees 1ohms, 2ohms ect with no impedance rise like there would be with a speaker. Most amps depending on impedance rise you'll see as much as 30% power loss from manufacture rating. That's why the amp is called a 7k2d not a 9k2d. Realistic voltage hold for most car audio systems that invest some money won't be able to old much above 13v. So the 12.6v rating is more realistic what you get from the amp. It's a solid 7k amp if you have the electrical. But most people don't.

In my testing of smaller stetsom amps they do on the head 12.6v rated power with impedance rise. And that's why stetsom rates their amp at 12.6v also. More realistic voltage that most people will get.

Some people will be able to hold higher voltage and supply more current and with this amp and they will reap the benefits. Hope that helps.

jeff can this amp be compared to the z2lv for daily
Ray farmer compared and they where heads up. But that was on limited battery supply. I'd expect the Z2lv to be heads up if not a little stronger with more electrical. No more then 1k power. But the Z2lv is no joke either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.