New termlab $550 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I knew that the reason you backed out of our deal had nothing to do with me at all. Now this proves it.

Just a little back info on the deal I am speaking of. So Allen makes a post awhile back about how he is having problems figuring out how to use his brand new tl. I was looking for one and thought "what the hell??" I will shoot him a pm and see if he would want to sale it. He responded and said that he wasn't gonna sale it then but he might in a few weeks. About a month goes by and out of no where he PM's me that he will sale me the TL now for $425 or trade a HU or subs plus cash. My teammate and I are looking to go halves on a TL so I tell him yes I want it and then tell him I would trade him 2 lvl2 DC 8"s (with powder coated baskets) and a kenwood x794 straight across. He was happy to do the deal. The only thing was the subs need to be re-coned and it was gonna take a while to get the re-cones then install them then send them to him ( cause he cant recone a sub). About a week goes buy and things get kinda hectic between work and school. So I call (all previous contact was PM's and text) Allen to tell him things have been kinda busy and I havent gotten the re-cones yet. He said no problem he would rather have 10"s so we he offers me the TL for $325 and my HU. Great deal and I have no problem with that deal as I am sure nobody would. After the phone calls I thought I had kinda built a friend ship with Allen and half halfheartedly threw a counter offer to him of $300 and the HU. I don't hear back from him for a day but out of the blue get a text saying that since I tried to "lowball" him that he wont sale me the TL anymore hahahah. Now I know I am bitter for loosing out on a good deal but this guy did not need to play games with me and if he wanted to back out of the deal he should have been a man and just said that. Not try and play games like I am such a scammer for counter offering $25 dollars less. I know that most people wont even read this whole novel and some that do will say "so what its the guys equipment and he can do what he wants with it" and they are right. My problem is the way he acted about it. instead of hiding behind a weak excuse he should have handled it like a man. Plus I wanted this on the interwebz cause If I was gonna buy form someone I would want to know who I was dealing with.

Edit= While I am not very active on this forum I have been a member here for 2 years and I have a very good buy/selling reputation on various other forums.

I know it has nothing to do with this deal. I just didn't want someone to see that I only have a few posts here and think that I have never dealt with people online before.

So after he accommodated you and your inability to provide what you said you would (the reconed 8's), you had the balls to try to get him to drop an already good price even lower, because you thought you had a friendship with him over the phone? So when he thinks about all you've done for the deal......he decides not to sell it to you. Because yes asking for another 10% off an already good deal, that you were both comfortable with......is a lowball.

Wow I knew that the reason you backed out of our deal had nothing to do with me at all. Now this proves it.
Just a little back info on the deal I am speaking of. So Allen makes a post awhile back about how he is having problems figuring out how to use his brand new tl. I was looking for one and thought "what the hell??" I will shoot him a pm and see if he would want to sale it. He responded and said that he wasn't gonna sale it then but he might in a few weeks. About a month goes by and out of no where he PM's me that he will sale me the TL now for $425 or trade a HU or subs plus cash. My teammate and I are looking to go halves on a TL so I tell him yes I want it and then tell him I would trade him 2 lvl2 DC 8"s (with powder coated baskets) and a kenwood x794 straight across. He was happy to do the deal. The only thing was the subs need to be re-coned and it was gonna take a while to get the re-cones then install them then send them to him ( cause he cant recone a sub). About a week goes buy and things get kinda hectic between work and school. So I call (all previous contact was PM's and text) Allen to tell him things have been kinda busy and I havent gotten the re-cones yet. He said no problem he would rather have 10"s so we he offers me the TL for $325 and my HU. Great deal and I have no problem with that deal as I am sure nobody would. After the phone calls I thought I had kinda built a friend ship with Allen and half halfheartedly threw a counter offer to him of $300 and the HU. I don't hear back from him for a day but out of the blue get a text saying that since I tried to "lowball" him that he wont sale me the TL anymore hahahah. Now I know I am bitter for loosing out on a good deal but this guy did not need to play games with me and if he wanted to back out of the deal he should have been a man and just said that. Not try and play games like I am such a scammer for counter offering $25 dollars less. I know that most people wont even read this whole novel and some that do will say "so what its the guys equipment and he can do what he wants with it" and they are right. My problem is the way he acted about it. instead of hiding behind a weak excuse he should have handled it like a man. Plus I wanted this on the interwebz cause If I was gonna buy form someone I would want to know who I was dealing with.

Edit= While I am not very active on this forum I have been a member here for 2 years and I have a very good buy/selling reputation on various other forums.

I know it has nothing to do with this deal. I just didn't want someone to see that I only have a few posts here and think that I have never dealt with people online before.
LOL, thanks for the bump Dave. Like I told you before, I was giving you an amazing deal already. And you still lowballed me? I percieve you as being greedy and that is why I am not selling it to you. You only have yourself to blame.

be careful you'll get banned for statements like this.and yes it was already a great deal, why would you even try to get him lower, thats just disrespectful !

So if I am totally in the wrong. What would have been the best way to handle this? The call was to tell him that the re-cones had not been ordered yet and to let him know what was going on, not that I couldn't come through with what I said. He was the one that said not to worry about it cause he no longer wanted 8"s he wanted 10"s. The mention of the HU and the $325 was his first offer.. I like to haggle.. I guess that's a bad thing??? so countered with a $25 dollar less offer. Then all of the sudden I am the bad guy??

You even said "he offers me the TL for $325 and my HU. Great deal and I have no problem with that deal as I am sure nobody would" So that was not a "first offer". That was the deal. Then you come back, because....hey, we're friends now and I like to screw my friends over too.....to try to get him down farther on a deal you already agreed to....

Then you come in here all mad cause you passed up an already great deal, when he denied your LOW BALL OFFER.

You are an idiot. And you shouldn't be sold to.

i HATE lowballers when u know ur getting a good deal then try to jew a few more dollars away i walk away too.

sorry bro not wanting to part with any cash rite now saving up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

$500 shipped. I will accept trades also. Only thing I will take is a 10" sub that can handle ~1000 rms or maybe 2 8's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...