NEW TC Sounds Epic 8 - Need Opinions/ Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zellner
10+ year member

RE SE 10 D2
Ga
So I ordered a NEW TC Epic 8 D2 from a reputable seller on eBay a week ago. I got it here and one coil is reading 2.1-2.2 and the other isn't registering anything at all. Not sure what to do at this point. Is the voicecoil just missing a soldering connection somewhere or what would cause it to not read at all? Repairable by anything but a recone? Do you think Thilo would help with this?

-No cosmetic signs of use at all

-Doesn't have any indicating smells of use

-Still had a factory, light powder coating on it when it got here.

Honestly don't know what to do since the seller has no more for an exchange and return shipping would be a pain. The seller is refunding the 100 I requested him to out of 130 I paid total. That's instead of me paying for $30 return shipping and being left with nothing.

So you got a blown sub for 30 bucks? If you can get a recone, you will most likely come out cheaper than your 130 bucks you paid for it...no idea if tc sounds is around this week or if recones are available..but I'm sure you can get it back functional fairly cheap if you can find parts that will work.

how can it be blown if it was never played? Thats what i dont get. I feel like there's a connection gap somewhere I could solder. And as far as a recone, I wouldn't mind but, I would like to have the original cone, it looks incredible.

Well, the only thing that could could be "disconnected" is the tinsels to voicecoil connection or the obvious tinels to terminals. If its the terminals you could see that and fix it easily. If its the VC connection, I believe those have a full cone/dustcap so I don't think you could get to the VC connections without tearing it apart.

Do you think TC would replace/ repair it considering its a manufacturing error. I mean, it's never seen power...

Do you think TC would replace/ repair it considering its a manufacturing error. I mean, it's never seen power...
Possibly. Last I heard TC was shut down. But they have shut down and reopened a few times now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.