New System...please Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

dbolm666
10+ year member

well i got a new system and i got no idea on what i'm doing...obviously i'm a newbie and i know i'm probably gonna get flammed for this but i need help...i got a pioneer 3500 cd deck ...not to bad...but the problem is i got two 12 inch kenwood tornados (kfc-w3003) and a kenwood amp (kac-7201). i need install help and techniques for box building...how to make it thump.wires and all that good stuff...ne help would be appreciated...thanks

actually i wont; ill let you figure some of this out on you own. But anyway, if you bought those subs new then you sould have the installation sheet, it should tell you the specs for the optimum box. as for installing the amp, it should have a manual of some sort too, this should tell you options for wiring subs to it to match impedence loads, how to connect the power wires and the signal wires, which are easily obtained by purchasing an amp kit, available online for cheap or even at like walmart for not a bad deal, of course these arent top of the line wires but theyll do.

http://www.bcae1.com/

this site will learn you good on a lot of stuff about car audio, it has a box calculator, building techniqes and all the good stuff like "whats impeadence" and about current, volts and all the geeky stuff that you can learn to expand you mind. For maximum benefit, you should at least fully understand everything in the previous sections before going out of order on the site.you really should explore the whole thing and waste a whole bunch of time but if your to lazy then just go to the search part of the site (#18 in the frame on the right) and type what you want to find.

good luck you can pm me if you dont find what you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.