new speaker reccomendation

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
the speakers i have had used or have experience with are the cdt cd 61-a's, the alpine type r's, and the RE RE comps. im tryin to sell my car and since they RE's tweets are mounted in the door panel i cant take them out and sell the car with tweeter holes in them lol (altho bullet holes are ok haha). anyways here is my predicament. i want speakers that get louder than the RE's that are still relitivly cheap. hopefully not too much more than 200-250 bucks. ive read about somd DLS speakers and a few others and i was thinkin DLS BUT then i read somewhere that although they sound awesome, they dont get as loud as some would hope. so hopefully anyone that has experience with the RE speakers have any suggestion on speakers that sound just as good but get louder for a decent price? also im sellin the alpine amp with the car so power is not an issue right now, just speakers. i can always find a amp to match.

thats good and all but have you ever compared them to the speakers i listed? i need them to be positivly louder than those listed.

Thet get loud....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

MS6's are around your range, if you want to spend a little more and have a little bit more power handeling the Ultimate series UP6's would be the ones.

I just ordered the Orion p6.2s. Ive also had the Cl-61as, so I can compare those two. I wont be able to install them for a couple of weeks though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thet get loud....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gifMS6's are around your range, if you want to spend a little more and have a little bit more power handeling the Ultimate series UP6's would be the ones.
ok sweet. ive been thinking A LOT lately. my question is, is it possible to get 4 15" sx's in a caprice trunk? i believe they have 20 cubes but i dont know whether its all flat or if its curved or what. thats what im thinking though, is gettin another 2 15" sx's and another viper. now of course this is gonna be a while before anything happens but now that ive thought about it, i think i can move my budget up to maybe 400 bucks if it is 100% positive that the speakers would be able to keep up with 4 15's. would 400 bucks put me into a different area of the componant speaker world? btw i think im gonna need ones with real good power handling

it curves pretty bad at the back, spare tire sits up there.

For $400...def the Iridiums.

If you want good power handeling pick up some XXX components

Just remember this...all the high quality components cant take 200W rms.

it curves pretty bad at the back, spare tire sits up there.For $400...def the Iridiums.

If you want good power handeling pick up some XXX components
i only remmeber lookin into a 91+ caprice once and i forgot what the trunk looks like but thats a bummer. well see though, maybe it can be done since all i would need would be 14 cubes+port which still gives me prolly 5 cubes of play. now about the iridiums, those are from DLS if i remember right. i read somewhere that some of the DLS speakers dont get that loud...do these? btw i read that from some other smaller forum, so maybe it was less knowledgable people but who knows...

xxx's will be a consideration IF they will come as a complete set.

as for the horns and all that, i believe i would need a eq and all that just to get them to sound the way they are suppose to no? from my experience most componant speakers sound acceptable right outta the box.

Yes, DLS makes the Iridum's

The tweeters went loud

The midbass is better than CDT EF's

As for the subs....i read that crown vics have more room

But i like caprices more, esp 9c1's

P.S

For horns you need to get an active crossover or eq (ID 31band EQ), tweak them...alot of time and money

Yes, DLS makes the Iridum'sThe tweeters went loud

The midbass is better than CDT EF's

As for the subs....i read that crown vics have more room

But i like caprices more, esp 9c1's
that sounds good. have you ever used the RE set of comps before? if so how would they compare? thanks for the suggestions, i think its basically down to the iridiums and the xxx from RE. someone who has the re comps heard the xxx's and he said the output was like 3x what the re put out, so seems like those arent bad either.

edit: alright, so horns are outta the question for sure. i like crown victorias BUT i really only like the new ones, the last style i didnt dig.

Caprice > Crown Vic, without question

if you take the spare out and do some interesting wood work, i think you will be able to get the 4 SXs in there

that sounds good. have you ever used the RE set of comps before? if so how would they compare? thanks for the suggestions, i think its basically down to the iridiums and the xxx from RE. someone who has the re comps heard the xxx's and he said the output was like 3x what the re put out, so seems like those arent bad either.i like crown victorias BUT i really only like the new ones, the last style i didnt dig.
I havent heard the RE RE components.The XXX mids will kill the Iridiums in output but not sound reproduction.

There is a reason they have won an award //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The new crown vics are weak, a V6 Dodge Stratus police edtion has more power than the police version crown vic with a V8

I think there all ugly

Acidburn is correct: Caprice> Crown Vic

well i am content with the RE RE sound so im assuming the xxx will be just as nice as those but lots louder. thats what i need. 4 15's is gonna be loud as hell but maybe its possible that the new subs that are made by RE might need less airspace. only time will tell. i want this bastard to be loud as hell lol. btw i upset myself today. i found a 94 impala ss on sale for a little over 7g's...sold in the first day it was listed in autotrader tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.