New Rimzzzzzzzzz

Originally posted by Spddracer There 18x9 with 285/40/18 tires I couldnt get enough tires on 20's so I went with the 18's / I didnt want to ride around on rubber bands !! Truck rides stiff enough already . I have about $1300 in wheels and tires

maybe you couldnt of got enough tire on the deal but I think they make 45-50 series tires for 20. They make offroad 20's and tires now too. 1300 seems a little high but not to bad. Nice looking though I am not gonna hate there. You have a super charger also? That would be sick.

This is what they look like without the rims glaring all over themselves !!
wheelsmarket_1744_9308613

Originally posted by BDIDDY maybe you couldnt of got enough tire on the deal but I think they make 45-50 series tires for 20. They make offroad 20's and tires now too. 1300 seems a little high but not to bad. Nice looking though I am not gonna hate there. You have a super charger also? That would be sick.
$1300 isnt bad...considering how you can easily pay $150 - $250 a tire, and up to $800 a rim.

- Steve

Originally posted by BDIDDY maybe you couldnt of got enough tire on the deal but I think they make 45-50 series tires for 20. They make offroad 20's and tires now too. 1300 seems a little high but not to bad. Nice looking though I am not gonna hate there. You have a super charger also? That would be sick.
No I couldnt get enough sidewall height to fit under the truck without rubbing the fenderwells . Not that i couldnt find a tire tall enough theres plenty tall enough . You go and try to find wheels for a dakota with 6 lug on 4.5" bolt pattern theres not many options out there since the Viper and Dakota are the only 2 vehicles that uses that bolt pattern . Theres not many wheels that fit and the ones that do are for the most part ugly or very very expensive , I thougt for $1300 wheels and tires NEW was cheap as hell ! Were not talking wheels for a Honda here ! Plus I got good tires and Quality Wheels

Originally posted by ss3079 $1300 isnt bad...considering how you can easily pay $150 - $250 a tire, and up to $800 a rim.

- Steve

yeah I just look in the lowrider magazine alot and see that the price of 20's has came down. Now you can get a nice set with about 45 series tires for 1500. My dad has 20's with 40 series rubber and they are about 250 a tire:D

Rims and tires is what kills you when venturing out to build a custom ride...well, so does everything else, but those seem to add to the price really quick.

- Steve

Originally posted by BDIDDY yeah I just look in the lowrider magazine alot and see that the price of 20's has came down. Now you can get a nice set with about 45 series tires for 1500. My dad has 20's with 40 series rubber and they are about 250 a tire:D
Let me guess goodyear GTII Rubber ?

Originally posted by ss3079 Rims and tires is what kills you when venturing out to build a custom ride...well, so does everything else, but those seem to add to the price really quick.

- Steve
Steve . Yoyr going to be in Ohio in Monroe in July ?? Ill come down its only about a 20 minute drive for me !!

Originally posted by Spddracer Steve . Yoyr going to be in Ohio in Monroe in July ?? Ill come down its only about a 20 minute drive for me !!
I might possibly be able to come - I'll let you know.

Nitto's are popular amung the 20's crowd as well.

- Steve

When you said the price is when I knew what tires you had . They are a good deal for 20's . These are gy's cheapest tires .. if you want tires that actually have traction and dont wear out in 20,000 miles you have to spend a bit more on them ..

Originally posted by ss3079 I might possibly be able to come - I'll let you know.

Nitto's are popular amung the 20's crowd as well.

- Steve
What is it ?? a comp , show ?? What !!!

Originally posted by Spddracer When you said the price is when I knew what tires you had . They are a good deal for 20's . These are gy's cheapest tires .. if you want tires that actually have traction and dont wear out in 20,000 miles you have to spend a bit more on them ..
I could understand that. What kind of wheels are they? I know my dad has a little bit of trouble with getting them balanced just right. He said he was gonna get them balanced on the truck. He has lexani krystals by the way. Do you have any trouble with balancing them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Spddracer

10+ year member
Sounds Goooooood
Spddracer
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date