new project-L7 in my truck

well today i went to a pawn shop and picked up a used 15L7 for really cheap and i would like some help in designing a box for that will fit in my regular cab dakota. my space i can work with is 50 long 16 high 7.5wide on bottom and 5 wide on top. i am planing on inverting it to.

here are some pics of the sub

HPIM1533.jpg

HPIM1537.jpg

decent find..whats the mounting depth on it? im too lazy to look it up. how much you pay?

remember, when designing your box, you MUST have a minimum of ATLEAST 1/2 behind the magnet to the bottom of the box. and 1/2 inch is cuttin it close. actually you should keep it between 1-2, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

pm jellyfish420 here on the forum..he designed my box..awesome one at that.

edit: how you gunna invert it?! im assuming your gunna go infront of the seat between the dash instead of behind the seat?!

decent find..whats the mounting depth on it? im too lazy to look it up. how much you pay?
remember, when designing your box, you MUST have a minimum of ATLEAST 1/2 behind the magnet to the bottom of the box. and 1/2 inch is cuttin it close. actually you should keep it between 1-2, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

mounting depth is 8 1/2 in and i paid $40 for it.

edit: how you gunna invert it?! im assuming your gunna go infront of the seat between the dash instead of behind the seat?!
my bad..didnt edit it fast enough for you to see before

yes sir it going in between the seats i hope.
measure out how much room you got..and how tall you want the box to be. use some basic area formulas to find out how much area you got to work with, once you find that out..you can start looking at ported area. theres a vveerryy basic and easy to use for beginners box design program on reaudio.com...you just plug in the specs you have to work with and itll tell you port tuning, port area, how much sq ft you have, and you can play with the port lengths to get the tuning you want. or just figure out your dims, figure out what you want your box to be tuned to..and find someone to design it for you. people usually charge between $5-$10. jellyfish420 charged me $7. im satisfied.

have you thought about what you want your box to be tuned to yet? low bass..high bass?

measure out how much room you got..and how tall you want the box to be. use some basic area formulas to find out how much area you got to work with, once you find that out..you can start looking at ported area. theres a vveerryy basic and easy to use for beginners box design program on reaudio.com...you just plug in the specs you have to work with and itll tell you port tuning, port area, how much sq ft you have, and you can play with the port lengths to get the tuning you want. or just figure out your dims, figure out what you want your box to be tuned to..and find someone to design it for you. people usually charge between $5-$10. jellyfish420 charged me $7. im satisfied.
have you thought about what you want your box to be tuned to yet? low bass..high bass?
im kindof leanin toward like 35 or so hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.