New Project - 4 12" CVRs in an 01 Silverado.

nice, your truck came a long way. i am really curious to see how you plan on mounting the box for the 4 12's. i struggled badly, nothing really worked. i did the 4 RE SE 12's but i just sold my extended cab last weekend :/

Got the box.

It was a little dirty, been sitting in my cousins shed for about a year now, but still in good shape.

Me, him, and a buddy of mine built it about a year and a half ago for 2 15s, it worked good until he blew them...hah.

NewGrille001.jpg

NewGrille002.jpg

NewGrille003.jpg

Not sure of the specs, i'll measure the airspace later on, i think it was about 8-9 cubes...all i can remember is that we tuned it to like 31ish. Hits lowww.

Theres a good bit of work to be done...new front piece, a lot of unnecessary drilled holes that have to be filled, 1 or 2 air leaks, and I'll probably round over the edges just for looks. The hole in the back was for his extra battery...I won't be using one unless plans change. But overall, it's a solid box, just needs some attention to detail.

Also, sold the crunch today. Looking for a ZX1500.1 because I need to run these at 2ohms, and it should give me just the right amount of power because it's a big ass box, no need to overpower CVRs here.

Some interior shots...it's pretty simple...haven't really decided what i'm gonna do to it yet.

412s001.jpg

412s002.jpg

Got the piece off.

412s003.jpg

412s004.jpg

Did a little sanding, I'm gonna have to go borrow my grandpas sander to finish it up...hand sanding ftl.

412s005.jpg

412s006.jpg

Menthols?
Awesome looking truck. Nice looking box as well. I want to eventually do that to my truck, take out the back seat and put a box that big in there.
ha yeah...used to smoke regulars but after one pack of menthols i couldn't stand the taste of switching back.

thanks though.

BTW, I figured out the specs on the box. exactly 8 cubes with all displacements, tuned at 31.44 hz with 91 sq. inches of port space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.