New Nuclear SPL Woofers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scott@GZUSA
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
St. Louis
Ground Zero is about to release a new series of Nuclear SPL woofers.

Brand New high power Nuclear SPL subwoofers just before their launch.

Since the very early days of Ground Zero, the Nuclear line stands for extremely powerful car audio components. Especially the subwoofers of the Nuclear line received countless awards and became famous in the global car audio scene for their impressive low bass and SPL performance.

The brand new generation models GZNW 12XSPL, GZNW 15XSPL and GZNW 18XSPL are made to carry on with that tradition, even more these subwoofers will definitely set new standards in their price segment. All of them will be available at the end of 2014.

The high efficient motor with its machined and black anodized steel parts and the heavy triple magnet, covered with the a GZ rubber boot, supplies more than enough power to the high temperature stable 75 mm / 3” CCA round wire voice coil with 2 x 1 Ohm. In combination with the intelligent cooling structure of the motor this all leads to a tremendous power handling: The 12inch can easily stand 4500 Watt, the 15inch 5500 Watt and the 18inch version even 6500Watt SPL power. All three models further come with a massive yellow aluminumcast basket.

In addition to all these facts, it is worth highlighting the reinforced non-pressed paper cone, which is weight-optimized for higher efficiency. These cones are stitched to the U-shaped high-roll sandwich surround with yellow thread. Together with the progressive multilayer spiders, that surround allows a linear X-Max of almost 50 mm / 2”.

As all GZ woofers, the development of the new Nuclear XSPL´s was optimized by the GZ owned KLIPPEL® System.

There will also be a new line of Nuclear amplifiers around the same time. The share a similar style heatsink to the Plutonium Reference amps, the new Hydrogen amps share the same sink as the nuclear also.

2500 watt mono

200w x 4 4ch amp

420w x 2 2ch amp

150w x 2 and 80wx4 6ch amp

Yea I know. Look nice. But with direct leads you get less resistance and the push pins don't fit 8 gauge wire well
Maybe a hundredth of a ohm? I would not worry about that myself. I have no problems feeding tinned 8 gauge through the terminals.

Can always convert it, if it is of concern

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Scott@GZUSA

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
Scott@GZUSA
St. Louis
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date