New member here... Need some advice on a setup...

ghostFL
10+ year member

Hey guys, my name is Bren and I live in Florida. I have never owned a system before, and I figured this MIGHT be a good place to check with before I invest ;]

Anyways, I'm buying localy from people on OrlandoForums.com and I have these few options...

What do you recommend,

IMG00185.jpg

IMG00189.jpg

Power Acousitc 2 12" subs with 1000 watt amp and box and wiring for 150$.

Or,

Infinity 2 12" subs with 1000 watt amp and box and wiring for 200$.

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

I've been reading up on the Sound Acoustic ones, and I see alot of reviews about needing a very large amp for them to get loud, and also that the quality is not that great.

And I hear good things about the infinity's.

Or of course, 2 12" Kickers and a 1200W amp and box and wiring for 220$

100_4024.jpg

100_4021.jpg

What do you think?

Edit: Or if I was crazy, 2 JBL 15"'s for 100$. I still have to get a hefty amp for them though, ATLEAST 1500watts, and that would run me at least another 150$.

P2140083.jpg

P2140084.jpg

These are going in my trunk of my 01' Altima:

100_0074.jpg

(Should I leave them facing the trunk or the seats?)

So, what would you guys recommend I go with?

I like to listen to old school, early 90's east coast hip hop mostly. Big L, Nas, Immortal Technique, etc. But I also listen to metal sometimes. What would you guys recommend?

I wouldn't mind having the 15"'s if I can find a decent amp for them for under 200 or hopefully 150$. I'd probobly be buying used for sure.

(Money is a factor, so I can't go out and buy a couple W7's =P)

And all but the JBL's come with all the wiring.

Thanks in advance, guys!

PS. I plan on getting a setup in the next few days, so the hastier the response, the better =]

-Bren

hmm my cousin ran a pair of those infinity in his car once they beat pretty hard. Those JBl woffers are nice too.

I had a friend who ran those kickers in a kicker ported box sounded like ****.

so if i were buying id go Infinty>JBL>Kicker>PA

The JBL 15's strike me as more of a rapper's sub than the Kicker 12's but that's just me. At least the Kicker already has an amp with it so you're done on that front. Wish I could see your car better as it's a dark car on a dark night being shown in a dark pix...LOL!

Check the equipment forums for people local to you selling stuff. If you're lucky, you'll find someone with the sub/amp hooked up so you can audition it yourself to see if it meets your expectations.

Rick

How much does a controller knob cost and where can I get one online?

Like, a controller knob I can mount up in the front to easily turn the subs on and off and how loud they are.

This guy is offerring me a deal of 100$ for these ViSoniC 12's and a 1000watt amp and box. NO wiring or control knob... It sounds a little shady like they are stolen or something.

I know Im getting those Infinity's from the guy with all the stuff and wiring for 180$, but I wanted to know how decent these were and what you guys think... And if itd be worth it getting for just 100$ and buying wiring and a controller knob...

subs.jpg

amp2.jpg

amp.jpg

It sounds a little sketchy too that he went through all this elaborate detail and story telling right off the bat before I even asked or replied about wiring...

Also, he lives in UCF area (orlando college), and its a huge student town....

" Subs

Hey, Ive had them for about 3 months, I got them from a friend, but just bought a new car and unfortunately they wont fit in the trunk since the car is a hatchback. I don't have the wiring I kept in in the other car when I sold it (the guy who bought my old car, wanted to put his own speakers in the car so he asked me to keep the wires in it.) And No I don't have a controller knob. Here are some pics. If you need more just let me know."

He has ZERO rep for past sales on the site, OrlandoForums.com, and only an 8 post count...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.