New member - hear to learn more about SQL type systems

bluto77

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2020
Houston, TX
I recently (last 3 years) got back into having aftermarket components in my vehicle. I have a basically decent system now, but I want to go more towards SQL. I love to tinker with things, so a DSP sounds like it would provide endless hours of entertainment, along with make my music sound better. So that's why I signed up. To get my learn on!

OP
B

bluto77

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2020
Houston, TX
I've already spent the last 3 hours on this forum soaking things in. There's just so much information, and so many different ways to approach the same end goal, so much different equipment that does so many things.

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You can read all you want but you won't fully understand it until you try it for yourself OP. What may work for one person may not be what the next person wants. DSP is about unlocking those custom features so you can find what fits best for you in your system. You don't necessarily need a dsp to have great sq either but it can give you the extra tools that you would've otherwise never known about to achieve that goal.

btw.. Welcome to the forum bluto

Last edited:
OP
B

bluto77

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2020
Houston, TX
I totally agree. I'm definitely more of a "hands on" learner. But some of this seems so complicated, on the surface at least, that I don't know where to start, so the reading and question asking will help with that. Then once I've started trying various things, the question asking continues, but at that point its more "what sounds are you trying to reproduce" intermingled with DSP, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending Topics

Latest Classifieds