new meca rules and classes

Participant count
  • Participant list

THATpurpleKUSH
5,000+ posts

Fuckyou
Has anyone seen the new rules/classes of MECA?

I got a glimpse of it on facebook, AS class was restructured to 2 levels, 0-750 and 751-1500 pressure classes and they also added a trunk class with 0-1500 and 1501-3000 pressure classes. The lower AS class has an amp limit of 1500rms at no more than 16v and the higher AS class has an amp limit of 3k at no more than 16v.

This dueling demos class is pretty interesting as well. I like how they are trying to get more crowd participation and involvement.

Park and pound classes have also been restructured which allows for a higher pressure class for each level.

This season is going to be very interesting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Yes it still does, it used to have 3 pressure classes, now it has only 2. I forgot to mention that you can use test tones or sweeps and have the engine idling but not an advanced idle for AS class. It used to be engine off and only music could be used.

i still think classes should require clamping amps to determine power class. nobody has a clue how much power an amp will actually supply at the moment of measurement.

clamping is the only fair way to determine what class the competitor should be in. given technology today, it would be very, very easy to achieve and display. even if they just measure input power only (giving benefit to amp efficiency). how cool would it be to see dB numbers above actual power. it would be very telling!

then, have a class that was based on the ratio of dB to actual power. it would give challenge to efficient designs and not just brute force.

i still think classes should require clamping amps to determine power class. nobody has a clue how much power an amp will actually supply at the moment of measurement.
clamping is the only fair way to determine what class the competitor should be in. given technology today, it would be very, very easy to achieve and display. even if they just measure input power only (giving benefit to amp efficiency). how cool would it be to see dB numbers above actual power. it would be very telling!

then, have a class that was based on the ratio of dB to actual power. it would give challenge to efficient designs and not just brute force.
I like the way you think! ive always had a problem with the fusing to cone area

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.