new here! i dont hear a diff with amp?

hi guys im kinda scared to post on here cause my stuff is all old:blush: but here it goes i have a mtx 9500 with a reallllllly old school amp. I believe it to be around 75 watts rms:uhoh: but when i hooked it up i dont hear a difference? shouldn't i, the only thing ive got is a dead 350 dollar battery and its working on a second one:suicide:

do i just no hear a diff cause its not big enough? for a 550 watt sub?

any ways thanks guys!

you dont hear a difference between what? not having a sub at all? if so there should be a difference. is the sub moving at all? what kind of vehicle is it in?

DAM!!! your fast im saying when i hooked up the amp i didnt hear a difference then when i didnt have it hooked up. and the sub is good it moves! also its a 1966 dodge d-100 probably wont be familiar with it

i dont no how i can be mroe specific i have a 12 mtx that i hooked up to my cd player "without the amp" and it was okay sounding.

I then hooked up my amp and hooked the mtx in to it then listened to it, i didnt hear a difference

The cd player will never adequately power a sub unless it were say a 15-20 watt rms sub.

We need more details on the setup.... what is the amp set to? is the amp in high pass filter mode? is the amp even on? does the amp not like you any more? how is the sub wired? how is the amp wired? do you know for a fact that the amp worked? is the sub in a box? is the sub wired up? (ETC, ETC, ETC.)

im tryin to say i dont no what or how to set it, and i dont no if it even has the thing to adjust it
okay duh the rms that setting is on the amp it's kind sorta similar to a volume (starting out its easiest to think of it as the volume) its not exactly but i am only slightly understanding how it is different. turn that up slowly until you can hear it better that should be your prob.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

umm so much pressure its a pioner cd player from like 2005 the sub is a 12 inch mtx 9500 in a qlogic box and i have 2 6.5 pioneer mids "but there not hooked up to the amp"

and you want detail so here ya go its a 66 dodge d-100 with a poly 318 it gauges and a tachometer, umm rusty floors:crazy: um the mtx is really big and i have to hammer it in between my seats and uh yeah

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.