New for me (1977 era) Klipsch La Scala speakers!

electrostats sound ok, but they pale in comparison to a good pair of KEF or B&W cabs esp when powered by Krell or McIntosh amplification. Electrostats suffer greatly from off axis listening, so unless youre sitting right where theyre pointed, youre screwed
Both speakers and amps are overpriced and overrated. I would buy electrostatics long before the typical diaphram driver at least in home audio.

Both speakers and amps are overpriced and overrated. I would buy electrostatics long before the typical diaphram driver at least in home audio.
when i worked at ultimate electronics, we had tons of martin logans on krells and the kefs and b&w's just killed em, i will say that id take a martin logan over a klipsch any day of the week tho. matter of fact, id take a kick in the shin over even the highest line of klipsch.

also, overpriced? yeah, but not absurdly based on the cabinet design and construction esp of the b&w nautilus series

when i worked at ultimate electronics, we had tons of martin logans on krells and the kefs and b&w's just killed em, i will say that id take a martin logan over a klipsch any day of the week tho. matter of fact, id take a kick in the shin over even the highest line of klipsch.
also, overpriced? yeah, but not absurdly based on the cabinet design and construction esp of the b&w nautilus series
Which electrostatics have you heard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.