New Car's Stock Radio *****!...Need Help on What Double Din to Get

Participant count
  • Participant list

globe9

Hey Ya'll,

Just bought a 2010 Nissan Rogue and the stock receiver(not the Bose) *****!!! I am pretty disappointed with it, so I am now looking to upgrade it.

Would like a double din receiver to fit in the opening. Also would like USB port in the front(although would settle for rear if absolutely necessary). Aux input in front. Able to playback all burned Cd's, even data discs with LOTS of Mp3's on them. Want RDS(radio station information on display like name of artist and song), and integrated bluetooth phone capability.

Not opposed to DVD player, Navi, etc, but I don't want to spend more than $500 on unit AND installation(not sure I am able to tackle the installation myself) so would have installed at Best Buy or something(not too many independent car stereo installers around these days and the ones around here are all in less than savory neigborhoods for my taste).

Researching, I don't seem to have too many options. Looking at Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD, Pioneer FH-P8000BT, Sony WXGT77UI, and Clarion CX-609. Leaning towards the Sony b/c of the front of head unit USB port. Like the simple and clean look of the Pioneer. Want front USB b/c it seems much easier to access...basically just pop flash drive in port and go...would be more difficult with rear USB access right?

Any ideas suggestions for a double din receiver in the under $400 price range? Thanks!!

Any advice, ideas? Someone else just told me to steer clear of Sony b/c they don't make quality components any more....is this true? Read that Clarion is rated #1 in car stereos. How about Pioneer?

What about the rest of my questions. The front vs rear USB port...should it matter. why would 1 be preferable over the other?

I think JVCs will read DVDs with data on them, even if the unit is not a dvd player...kinda wierd.

Almost all new headunits will read Cds loaded with MP3s.

Most also have a USB drive and can accept 8gb sticks which is about 11 Cds full of mp3s. No need to carry 11 cds and worry about scratching them.

I like Kenwood units, then pioneer, then alpine, then clarion.

Its really kinda subjective to the unit it self, but thats my preference.

if you can try to install the unit your self you may save some money, but then again most good shops will install the unit for free when you buy it from them.

You will still need an adapter to make the head unit fir your car and a wiring harness. Most arent to much. Never touched a rouge, but i cant see it being to much money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.