5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
class H bid power!! i wants um. someone by my shitzz. lol

QRS4.125GH – Cadence
P50-QRS-CH-4-1.png

class H bid power!! i wants um. someone by my shitzz. lolQRS4.125GH – Cadence
P50-QRS-CH-4-1.png
u just selling that or what? u got your own site? got email from 12volt said something like if u win auction u get 1/2 the winning bid as credit on next auction.. i saw these i don't want them but wondered if they any good for the $ of course auction not over yet they have massive 4k as well says 2k rms https://12voltronics.com/1auction/bid/1175/0

u just selling that or what? u got your own site? got email from 12volt said something like if u win auction u get 1/2 the winning bid as credit on next auction.. i saw these i don't want them but wondered if they any good for the $ of course auction not over yet they have massive 4k as well says 2k rms https://12voltronics.com/1auction/bid/1175/0
cadence QRS have always be one of my favorite amps. these are special because of hte power supply. it has multiple "rails" with another switching supply. one rail has another stepup transformer to increase voltage over another set of output transistors that are ONLY turned on when needed. its a viable option to class D power supplies but has a true analog output not a digital output.

typically a good class AB has a 65% efficiency at 4ohm full power. Class D is closer to 85% where as in class H is pretty close to D in the high 70%. the reason is because as the power supply starts to reach its limits it turns on a higher voltage power supply that instantly aids it in efficiency.

in a class D amp the transistors tun off and on. they stay off and on for a specific amount of time or off for a specific amount of time. same with the power supply. these amps don't and in reality sound more natural with nearly the same efficiency.

cadence QRS have always be one of my favorite amps. these are special because of hte power supply. it has multiple "rails" with another switching supply. one rail has another stepup transformer to increase voltage over another set of output transistors that are ONLY turned on when needed. its a viable option to class D power supplies but has a true analog output not a digital output.
typically a good class AB has a 65% efficiency at 4ohm full power. Class D is closer to 85% where as in class H is pretty close to D in the high 70%. the reason is because as the power supply starts to reach its limits it turns on a higher voltage power supply that instantly aids it in efficiency.

in a class D amp the transistors tun off and on. they stay off and on for a specific amount of time or off for a specific amount of time. same with the power supply. these amps don't and in reality sound more natural with nearly the same efficiency.
yes but if u selling them why u not got price listed.. and u didn't mention the mids i asked about..

yes but if u selling them why u not got price listed.. and u didn't mention the mids i asked about..
im not seling them money im trying to buy them. i know they have a few cadence fans. just was hyping it up.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i didn't see the mids until now. i doubt they are high-end but they are good budget stuff

I don't think class D means digital. The output of a class D amp more or less has to be analog, or the speaker wouldn't work right. Inductors (aka voice coils) only generate force (via Faraday's law of inductance) when there's a change in the current inside them, so if you send it square waves it would move violently for the tiny fraction of the time that the wave goes from a low to a high, then be unforced during the highs and lows of the square wave.

Zed has a tech article describing how they work.

If I understand right (and, usual caveat, I might not) the only "digital" signal is the pulse-width modulated waveform which is used to tell the amplifier output stages when to switch on and off the positive and negative switches. So if the amp is about to output the positive part of a sine wave, for example, the Pmw wave tells the switch to turn on the positive. When the sine wave switches to negative, the wave lets the amplifier know to turn off the positive, and turn on the negative. It's why class D are so efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus christ.....
what he said by my shitz idk what he talking about.. i didn't want to make thread about the 12v auction just thought someone else would see it here may like the mids or whatever on that auction cause u get 1/2 for future auction

I don't think class D means digital. The output of a class D amp more or less has to be analog, or the speaker wouldn't work right. Inductors (aka voice coils) only generate force (via Faraday's law of inductance) when there's a change in the current inside them, so if you send it square waves it would move violently for the tiny fraction of the time that the wave goes from a low to a high, then be unforced during the highs and lows of the square wave.
Zed has a tech article describing how they work.

If I understand right (and, usual caveat, I might not) the only "digital" signal is the pulse-width modulated waveform which is used to tell the amplifier output stages when to switch on and off the positive and negative switches. So if the amp is about to output the positive part of a sine wave, for example, the Pmw wave tells the switch to turn on the positive. When the sine wave switches to negative, the wave lets the amplifier know to turn off the positive, and turn on the negative. It's why class D are so efficient.
no. its digital because of the state of the power supply. the ouputs are also digital thats why they need output filters. That specifically built 4 the resistance of the inductor in speaker aka the load. Well not all of them use a digital switching supplies( takes an analog voltage varying signal and turns it into a DC signal modulated by duty cycle) if the outputs are analog but you'll notice the efficiency is a bit lower while they do sound a little bit better and still nothing like an analog amplifier.

I do believe that the digital amps still can sound great..

Take the example of te aarc audio xdi. they use analog outputs while the taramps use a digital output.

s that rely on an reactive load.

No loud speaker can truly play a square wave strictly because of the mechanical and electrical properties

Pwm is a DC signal that is varied by duty cycle it's either off or on whether or not the outputs or the same just depends on the manufacturer and the amp.
Yea, what I'm saying is the PWM signal, which is typically digital (ie a square wave) just controls which output is turned on. The output signal has to be analog (or at least a close approximation), I believe, or the speaker won't work.

For example, if you send DC current to a speaker, it will pop once and then just sit there until you turn the current off, and then it'll pop again. Sending a bunch of tiny square waves (what I think digital means) to a speaker would be the same, effectively, as "hard clipping" the signal.

I'm probably wrong since I'm sort of guessing how this works based on dubious technical sources.

Maybe what you are saying is that the output sums a bunch of square waves to make a sort of stepped wave...like what I would see on my computer screen if I zoomed in real close and saw a really pixelated image of a sine wave, for example. Is that right?

Yea, what I'm saying is the PWM signal, which is typically digital (ie a square wave) just controls which output is turned on. The output signal has to be analog (or at least a close approximation), I believe, or the speaker won't work.
For example, if you send DC current to a speaker, it will pop once and then just sit there until you turn the current off, and then it'll pop again. Sending a bunch of tiny square waves (what I think digital means) to a speaker would be the same, effectively, as "hard clipping" the signal.

I'm probably wrong since I'm sort of guessing how this works based on dubious technical sources.

Maybe what you are saying is that the output sums a bunch of square waves to make a sort of stepped wave...like what I would see on my computer screen if I zoomed in real close and saw a really pixelated image of a sine wave, for example. Is that right?
You’re on the right track but the switching speeds are blazing fast. Like almost unmeasurable fast

pwm output is a voltage varing signal with a positive and negitive polarity that mimics a ac output through pulse width and modulation. tge output is filtered with a second order network composed of the output capactors and loudspeakers inductor to creatate the network and smooth the wave.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&q=pwm+output+signals+and+amplifiers

some reading for you fine sir.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

You’re on the right track but the switching speeds are blazing fast. Like almost unmeasurable fast
you are retarded. let us talk. the switching frequency in class ab can exceed 100khz.

pwm output is a voltage varing signal with a positive and negitive polarity that mimics a ac output through pulse width and modulation. tge output is filtered with a second order network composed of the output capactors and loudspeakers inductor to creatate the network and smooth the wave.https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&q=pwm+output+signals+and+amplifiers

some reading for you fine sir.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

you are retarded. let us talk. the switching frequency in class ab can exceed 100khz.
Well since you hate JL class D amps so much the XDs are over 400khz. Retard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.