new basket for MT?

Participant count
  • Participant list

swc204
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
pierre, SD
Does anyone know how much a new basket for a 18 MT cost? i heard 150 + shipping. dont respond if your going to say call them. im assuming you have to get new soft parts and everything. so would you be able to just send the motor in have them rebasket it? would save me some shipping cost...

thanks for all the help

Why? Just wondering.

Basically you'll need a complete recone, and new basket. It's not going to be cheap, but the motor IS the most expensive part of the woofer...so at least that's taken care of.

I'd imagine in the realm of $200+shipping. (Merely an educated guess...)

NG

to replace the basket u pretty much have to take apart the whole sub. its like rebuilding the whole thing again.

To fix the basket on my Rl-P it was 120 so....

you can imagine

Why? Just wondering.
Basically you'll need a complete recone, and new basket. It's not going to be cheap, but the motor IS the most expensive part of the woofer...so at least that's taken care of.

I'd imagine in the realm of $200+shipping. (Merely an educated guess...)

NG
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124857&page=2

pics of it are down a ways......would i be able to fix that easily or what? if you can help me in fixing it maybe i can sell it faster.....

thow me an offer.....i have no clue as is but its in perfect working condition...just need to bend the basket about a 1/4" up.

baskets cracked though, looks it in the picture anyway..correct me if im wrong..
i want the motor, but i dont want to low ball you..
well i got two people that want to buy the whole thing so if those fall through i might sell you the motor.....pm me what you think is a good price for the motor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.